when to release fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a "sucker" fish (the ple-something, sorry can't spell it), 2 rasbora and a Raphael catfish. And they are maybe the size of punky nail and smaller. Some are bigger than the others

I have a "sucker" fish (the ple-something, sorry can't spell it), 2 rasbora and a Raphael catfish. And they are maybe the size of punky nail and smaller. Some are bigger than the others

"Plecostomus", aka pleco. How big is this tank??? Also, do you happen to know what kind of pleco this is?

I've been meeting to get a few more rasbora but the mollies are too big for a 10 gallon? Well I can get a bigger tank later I just need to know how long to I keep the fry away from the rasbora pretty much b/c my pleko and catfish hid all the time. They are about a month and a half old.

I've been meeting to get a few more rasbora but the mollies are too big for a 10 gallon? Well I can get a bigger tank later I just need to know how long to I keep the fry away from the rasbora pretty much b/c my pleko and catfish hid all the time. They are about a month and a half old.
the mollys can reach like 5 inches and need a 30 gallon tank. depending on the species of pleco it could reach 2 feet and need a 120. the raphael needs like a 55

the harlequins in my community tank are the only ones I have seen eating nae stalking my guppy fry till they are about a month old and even after that they chase them for a second or two!!

Thanks jackie. I think im going to let them out of the fry/breeder net since they are huge compared to my rasboras, my Raphael catfish is too lazy, and my pleco is always hiding. So im going to free them lol

hi, how old are they now? I am just at the stage of let them get on with it and what will be will be, hope they can hide and are fast enough and if not wellllllll lol good luck to them :)

I just keep my fry in the community tank after they're born. As long as they have some java moss to hide in, they can take care of themselves. (y)

Back
Top Bottom