White Blushing Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up this White Blushing Angelfish from my lfs today, I spotted it and thought if i dont get it now i'll probably not see one again for a while.
Real Beauty don't you think?

Attachments

• Newest Angel 1.jpg
    Newest Angel 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 534
  • Newest Angel 2.jpg
    Newest Angel 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Newest Angel 3.jpg
    Newest Angel 3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 150
Very nice, The blushings are very fragile though.
Yeah, so I have heard, any tips on keeping it healthy?
It is also with 2 of which i believe to be silver angels (though im not 100%) and all 3 of them seem to get one fine, possibly because they are roughly the same size

none really, I lost two in a row and switched to hybrid blushing and only problem I have is stress, they are very very stressed out high strung fish.

use the aquarium salt, it works for mine. just a tid bit here and there and they will come to it and swim in the evaporation

If you use salt (and I would NEVER use it for anything but ich), at least premix it. There is nothing out there to prove that one color morph of the same species is more fragile than another.

Pretty fish! Good luck with it! :)

If you use salt (and I would NEVER use it for anything but ich), at least premix it. There is nothing out there to prove that one color morph of the same species is more fragile than another.

Actually the A or A/A gene is an albino, notorious for being weak throughout history in every species.

But there are things out there that prove weakness and colorations do mix.

Nearly every angel or discus society will have something on it.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of using salt full stop, especially since i have kribensis fry at the moment and I'm not risking it possibly affecting them somehow.
He/she seems fairly calm after being here a full day and seems to enjoy swimming with my two small silver angels =)

What are the secrets of keeping freshwater angels? I have a big saltwater tank with no problems and I always have freshwater angel problems

thanks

Hi Frank, I wouldn't say that there are any secrets to keeping freshwater angels really, just make sure they have plenty swimming space, clean water and no agressive fishies that are going to bother them :)

What are the secrets of keeping freshwater angels? I have a big saltwater tank with no problems and I always have freshwater angel problems

thanks

They're one of the few fish for which tall tanks actually make sense. Feed them some brine shrimp too.

brine shrimp, bloodworms, and something spirulina mixed and they will get big quick.

I agree, give them plenty of room to swim about and keep the water crystal clear. I have had mine for several months and it is one of my favorites. I wish I had a larger tank so that I could add some more but I'll be patient. :)

I just got one similar except I got a golden crest because they are supposed to be a bit heartier. It still seems more sensitive than my other angels, but very pretty indeed. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom