Who to add for clean up crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
We are looking to add someone to our tank to help as clean up crew but not sure who.
We have Angel fish, Gupies, a Silver Shark & plan to get some neons or danios - so someone who will get along with these.
I'd like someone to go over my gravel a bit & help with spots of alge on the glass.
Any suggestions? Thanks

64l / 16g. I would like a small Pleco (not a common as I know they get big). or maybe an upside down catfish.

64l / 16g. I would like a small Pleco (not a common as I know they get big). or maybe an upside down catfish.
Unfortunately, I gotta tell you that 16 gallons isn't enugh for an angel or the silver shark. Sorry. The silver shark especially is too big. If I was you, I would re-home those 2 guys before adding more fish. Assuming the silver shark is a bala shark, they get to be over a foot long. Also, your angel will likely eat your guppies and fuuture neons as soon as he is big enough.
If you could re-home those 2 fish, then I would probably recommend otos or nerite snails. The plecos that I know of all need more space than that, even the smaller ones. Personally, I am not a huge fan of upside-downs cats. I have some, but I am going to sell them because I never see them. They are nocturnal and just hide all day. The cats wouldn't eat algae anyway.

Before this turns into a 'your tank is too small' thread. We are aware of the sizes our fish will grow and are prepared to give them more space as they grow.
Thanks for the otto suggestion will loom at them & the info on the catfish.

Before this turns into a 'your tank is too small' thread. We are aware of the sizes our fish will grow and are prepared to give them more space as they grow.
Thanks for the otto suggestion will loom at them & the info on the catfish.
I apologize. I should have asked you first if you were going to upgrade. Sorry, many people do not, but I shouldn't have assumed. :)

Got our eye on some large tanks for next year & already discussing how to move the furniture to fit around a bigger tank!
I'm not sure I'm keen on Shrimps. Might get some Snails, do the breed like mad like the pest snails we get with plants?

Got our eye on some large tanks for next year & already discussing how to move the furniture to fit around a bigger tank!
I'm not sure I'm keen on Shrimps. Might get some Snails, do the breed like mad like the pest snails we get with plants?
Nerite snails need salt water to successfully breed, so they do not reproduce in freshwater tanks.:)

Back
Top Bottom