Whoohoo!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got some mystery snails! (They're not apple snails, but they'll do LOL)

I just read somewhere that you can crush up raw egg shells and stick them in the filter to help with their shells. Anyone ever done this or have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Well, I can get eggs at the store lol. Cuttle bone might be a little harder for me to find here. Is it that stuff that birds sharpen their beak on?

Yah it is. Since I'm always at Petsmart or Petco for our dogs and for various other stuff, I grabbed a cuttle bone. One will last a long time.

mystery snails are cool. i have a few, and one of them is big as a golf ball and ive only had it a few months. theyre tough enough to stay in the same tank as my mbuna too

mine have never reproduced in my tanks, but i keep my water levels up plum to the top. if you let it get low, you may have a problem... but i found an easy way to get rid of snail eggs... its called a python :)

mine have never reproduced in my tanks, but i keep my water levels up plum to the top. if you let it get low, you may have a problem... but i found an easy way to get rid of snail eggs... its called a python :)

Python works good. But I use the "feeding the cichlids" method ;)

I scrape off the eggs and put them in the cich. tank, they go nuts. It doesn't happen often though, I usually top off the tanks every week

Heh, DK two scoops of the net the other night yielded 147 MTS, worst part was it didnt even look like I removed any.

my 15g tank has over 1k in it now.

Dragon, guess what, I just happen to have a ton of them too (Thanks Devil lol) and I have heat packs! I can send you some if you would like, as an exchange for the duckweed? Let me know! (I think you will have to send me your addy again though...)
I don't keep my water all the way to the top, my floor is a little too bouncy lol. And if I was to keep it full, I would have to put water in it every single day since it is SO dry here right now!

Dk what heat packs do you use?

I got Grabber brand ULTRA warmers rated at 24+ hours tested to last 27 in a insulated box the heat stays above 75 for 8 days.

lesser duckweed? have fun, I like it but I like my water lettuce better.

Ill check em out, my work had the 10 packs on sale last week for 10 bucks. got 10 of em.

That's cool! I got 6 of them from him for $18, including shipping.
Oh, and guess what else? I got a new tank for Christmas! WHOOOO!

Back
Top Bottom