Wife's new Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foster53

Aquarium Advice Addict
So here are the pics!!
She is delighted with them.
More water changes for me, plus this is the second tank she has taken over.

Attachments

• discus 008.jpg
    discus 008.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 212
  • discus 014.jpg
    discus 014.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 190
  • discus 021.jpg
    discus 021.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 145
  • discus 045.jpg
    discus 045.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Thank you. These are my wife's babies. She has wanted Discus for a long time. I think I just inherited more work.:lol:

Thank you. My wife is loving them.:)
She has been wanting them for about a year now.

that's a dreamy tank. congrats. what's the name of that pattern on the discus? do you acidify your water? what's the pH and temp?

Foster, are you in Ohio? I went to an auction this weekend and they sold 2 discus that looked very similar to those. Very pretty, congrats!

that's a dreamy tank. congrats. what's the name of that pattern on the discus? do you acidify your water? what's the pH and temp?
If you mean the red on white pattern, they are Carnations
The water is acidified by CO2 The PH after co2 is on for a bit is 6.4, the temp is kept at 84. 3-75% water changes per week, fed with a wide variety of food, including live, pellet, flake, frozen, and freeze dried.

Foster, are you in Ohio? I went to an auction this weekend and they sold 2 discus that looked very similar to those. Very pretty, congrats!
No, I am in mid Michigan. The Carnations are fairly easy to find.

Discus are pretty sensitive to nitrates. Probably overkill on the WC's since the tank is heavily planted. They are still pretty young fish, and their immune system is not completely developed, so I err on the side of more is better.
Probably two per week would be sufficient.

No, I am in mid Michigan. The Carnations are fairly easy to find.

Okay, was just checking because they looked almost the exact same but the buyer ended up with an amazing deal on them and was wondering who it was. I think they only paid $5-7 for the pair.

Back
Top Bottom