Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Very nice school of angels! The plants look very nice and healthy too! I love that little crypt in the foreground!

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Newbie

your angels looks great, i want to know what type of angels you are having in your tank.

kiran.mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus
The angels are Pterophyllum leopoldi (most angels you see are P. scalare), which were wild caught fish from Brazil. My dealer thought he was getting P. scalare from Peru, but these are a bit different, and I had them positively ID'd as leopoldi by none other than Heiko Bleher, who is an explorer and collector of aquarium fish, and has particular expertise in discus and angelfish. Leopoldi angels are not imported that often.

These angels are a bit tricky, similar to discus, in that they require soft, acidic water and higher temperatures than do your average angelfish. They are also easily spooked, and they spent a month in quarantine getting used to being in a glass box, lol, and being encouraged to eat. The first few weeks I had them I would hardly ever see them, since they would hide as soon as you walked into the room.

I very much enjoy the natural look they have.

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

angel, angels, whiptail, wild

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com