Wild angels & Whiptail cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi

your angels looks great, i want to know what type of angels you are having in your tank.

The angels are Pterophyllum leopoldi (most angels you see are P. scalare), which were wild caught fish from Brazil. My dealer thought he was getting P. scalare from Peru, but these are a bit different, and I had them positively ID'd as leopoldi by none other than Heiko Bleher, who is an explorer and collector of aquarium fish, and has particular expertise in discus and angelfish. Leopoldi angels are not imported that often.

These angels are a bit tricky, similar to discus, in that they require soft, acidic water and higher temperatures than do your average angelfish. They are also easily spooked, and they spent a month in quarantine getting used to being in a glass box, lol, and being encouraged to eat. The first few weeks I had them I would hardly ever see them, since they would hide as soon as you walked into the room.

I very much enjoy the natural look they have.

Back
Top Bottom