Wood Shrimp addition - Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evercl92

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got these 2 guys yesterday. I have some floating debris/food in my tank (from the constant water movement), and was hoping they could help correct that.

Thats a pretty neat looking shrimp, the ones I saw at the LFS didn't have that defined of a line on their backs. That is really neat, what do they eat or have to be feed? I was just wondering as I have never seen anyone that owns some.

They have "fans" on their front appendages, tiny little hairs that filter the water for food and infusoria. These 2 are about 3 inches, head to tail, but I've read they can get up to 6.5 inches. They were a little expensive, $12 each.

WOW 12-14 bucks is pretty pricey in Tx. they are about 5 bucks going rate. But I guess everywhere is different.

As much as I hate to give business to major chains, Petsmart is the only place I've ever seen them.

evercl92 said:
As much as I hate to give business to major chains, Petsmart is the only place I've ever seen them.

Yep petsmart has them here and also petco got a few in on accident probably.

I agree with Toirtis.... 4" max, They are sold under tree or four different names. I have two that I purchased about 8 months ago. They are about 3 inches now.

Attachments

• flower_shrimp_145.jpg
    flower_shrimp_145.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 18
clubsuperduty said:
WOW 12-14 bucks is pretty pricey in Tx. they are about 5 bucks going rate. But I guess everywhere is different.

Where in Texas? If I knew I could find them for cheap in my area, I would stay on the look out.

Back
Top Bottom