Wooot! New Diamond Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazil323

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:BIG:I just picked up my 20 new Diamond Tetras last Thursday. They really look great, and I can't wait until my 75 gallon is ready to put them into. I got only 2 decent pics, but they aren't that good.
2958109067_bafb342134.jpg

2958949944_9201b840cb.jpg

Nice fish! I have one left out of a school of 6 I had ages ago, the males are gorgeous when they grow up. A school of 20 will be amazing.

Yeah, right now I have them split into two smaller tanks (two groups of 10) because the 75g they will be housed in, eventually, isn't ready for fish yet. It's not my preferred way. I had to split them into a 16g tank with my two small L387s that they will be living with in the 75 and into a 20g long tank with my cherry shrimp, pond snails, and common ramshorn snails. I was going to put them right into the 75 g as the only inhabitants to quarantine them (not ideal, I know) because the L387s are in the 16g that will be my hospital/quarantine tank. So, hopefully, they aren't carrying diseases or anything.

Not that I know of. They actually have fairly long fins. The larger ones have dorsal fins that arch over their backs and even over their tail fins! I believe that the ones with the longer fins are males and the ones with the smaller fins are females, but I'm not sure. Mine are all juveniles, so it will be interesting to see what they look like as they get older. My largest is about 1.25 inches while the smallest is about 0.5 inch. The adult size is 2.5 inches (I read somewhere that they are up to 3", but not sure about that either).

Congrats on the new additions! I have never kept these tetras, but have seen them in stores and they are really pretty. :) Should go great in your new 75g.

Back
Top Bottom