Woot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh. well I guess I should update this thread by saying I got the PC light and may be getting the salt/sand tonight. Whichever is cheaper.

salt is cheaper? a bucket of 160gal salt IO is like $52 in here
I got 50lb of live sand way more than $52

SHOW ME YOUR SUMP PARTYPA~~and the pipe works.

XD oh yes.. My parents are rather "disappointed".

"I'm not mad son, I'm just disappointed"

-ouch-

Well, I'm trying to do the smart thing and not buy things full price. So far everything I've gotten has been on sale or I've used coupons. But oh well...

I know it's expensive and I know it's more work for SW. (I've done at least two years of research... Still not an expert though.) My dad kept some fish when he was younger and thinks he knows everything about SW even though he's never done it before. Parents are crazy sometimes. :rolleyes:

congrats on the sale find!

As for parental units, I am 40 and a dad. yes we get driven crazy by having kids :p

A pet store with coupons? I know a few places that have sales (ma & pa stores not the chains). I have been haunting garage sales and craigslist.

On a side note with it being the end of swimming season up here in the frozen north (going from own brown/mud season to white/snow season) found a pool place that has 50lb bags of PFS for $8 :)

*lol* I take it this is your first SW tank? I know there are fish clubs up here that have swap meets for live rock and corals and such. Haven't looked into them much though so don't know much about them. But might have some down yoru way.

As for parental units, I am 40 and a dad. yes we get driven crazy by having kids :p

A pet store with coupons? I know a few places that have sales (ma & pa stores not the chains). I have been haunting garage sales and craigslist.

On a side note with it being the end of swimming season up here in the frozen north (going from own brown/mud season to white/snow season) found a pool place that has 50lb bags of PFS for $8 :)

*lol* I take it this is your first SW tank? I know there are fish clubs up here that have swap meets for live rock and corals and such. Haven't looked into them much though so don't know much about them. But might have some down yoru way.

haha fish club that swap rocks and corals, that funny, I would love to go.
too bad I live too far away XP

Yep, first SW tank. I've been doing FW for a few years and pretty much mastered it, so I want to go salty now! :D

lol my major deal in this whole thing is to do it as cheap as possible, but without taking shortcuts or skimping out. (Why pay full price? lol)

Yep, first SW tank. I've been doing FW for a few years and pretty much mastered it, so I want to go salty now! :D

lol my major deal in this whole thing is to do it as cheap as possible, but without taking shortcuts or skimping out. (Why pay full price? lol)
Easier said then done.

Easier said then done.

Well, let me do a breakdown of what I've got so far.

Tank: reg. 200 got for 150
Stand: reg 240 got for 140
Sump: reg. 30 got for 20
ATO: reg. around 150-200 got for 20
Overfow box: about 50 got for 35
Pump: reg. about 35 got for 30
Light: 250 got for 75
Bulbs for light: reg. 50 each got 2 for 40
Sand: reg. 47 bucks got for 20

(actual prices +/- a few dollars)

So far, I've gotten SOME money off. Better than nothing.

Good deal my man, it's hard to make decisions on where to spend the extra bucks on something when you have so much to get and have that dreaded Italian disease. Great job so far.

Back
Top Bottom