Woot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I guess I didn't necessarily get something FOR my tank as much as I got the tank itself. I got my 75G on sale today along with a 20G long sump all for under 200 bucks. (regularly at least 250 at the store by me) As soon as I can figure out where to put the stand, I'll begin documenting my SW adventure on this site.

I'm quite excited :infinity:

Congrats. told you your parents would come around. :)

Im so jelous.

Congrats! LOL.... the money pit has only just begun......

XD oh yes.. My parents are rather "disappointed".

"I'm not mad son, I'm just disappointed"

-ouch-

Well, I'm trying to do the smart thing and not buy things full price. So far everything I've gotten has been on sale or I've used coupons. But oh well...

I know it's expensive and I know it's more work for SW. (I've done at least two years of research... Still not an expert though.) My dad kept some fish when he was younger and thinks he knows everything about SW even though he's never done it before. Parents are crazy sometimes. :rolleyes:

good for you! Keep your parents in the mix. Ask them if they want to adapt a fish or a coral. Above all don't move out. You will need someone to at least pay the electical bill. lol
You're on your way...and it will be a fun trip~~~

xD My parents still don't understand the purpose of the sump tank. I explained it at least 3 times today and still, nothing. xDD

Congrats and good luck. Maybe you should use the KISS principle with your parents.:)

Tell them that it is the cheapest way to get more volume. it's either that or spend another $500.00 on a larger tank without a sump.
Or tell them that it is the excepted way to hide all the ugly tank items like your skimmer. heaters and ugly algae and stuff.

Tell them that it is the cheapest way to get more volume. it's either that or spend another $500.00 on a larger tank without a sump.
Or tell them that it is the excepted way to hide all the ugly tank items like your skimmer. heaters and ugly algae and stuff.

I told her something like that and she just rolled her eyes like I'm crazy.

:tgv:

haha my parents ask me a lot of questions too when I change my stupid gold fish 10gal to a pretty guppies tank LOL
and then I get another 10gal for a little green spotted, as my research went futher, I got a 46gal, and they started worry about the space, water, and ele that I will use for all the aquarium. LOL
now I m building my sump, they simply walk by and said one thing,
" I wish you study hard like this"

LMAO

XD hope they will understand~
they said our house is gonna turn to a big aquarium if I keep getting new tanks, I told them no it won't untill I got a 200/400gal LOL

Heh. You could just get a 300G and put it in your wall like a picture frame. :D
That would be a fun project.

Heh. You could just get a 300G and put it in your wall like a picture frame. :D
That would be a fun project.

I m gonna get a BIG BIG TANK once I have a better job and get my own place LMAO~
I m thinking to get a dolphin, probably better to buy part of the ocean~~lol

my dream before was become a trainer/marine biologist hehe

*lol*

Hey in a way you are learning biology and chemistry.
And "Economics".....
img_1020540_0_20728073d6239169f82c4ea97c7ac36c.gif

Back
Top Bottom