woot! - picture added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Been wanting a bushy nose pleco for a loooong time and my LFS got one for a trade-in so I snatched him up since they never seem to stick around long. Then I noticed a little 2 inch pleco ID'd as a rubber pleco but he doesn't look like one of those, even the small ones they've had in the store before. Soooooo...

*anther edit* the little unknown pleco has been ID'd as a spotted rubbernose pleco. I had never seen those before

here is the tab:

*2 rummynosed tetras - they looked lonely and needed to school with mine
*1 BN pleco
*1 spotted rubbernose pleco - free

total: $8.56 :D

*edit*
here are two pics (belly and side) of my spotted rubbernose pleco.

img_440289_0_12a4830e356df4804150ddf72bf624e7.jpg

sorry this one is blurry, it is my roommate's new camera and I haven't quite figured it out yet.

img_440289_1_a7d41bc3f17bb064e15a900329778c85.jpg

Great acquistions Rubysoho, especially the free pleco. :D As far as ID, what does the dorsal fin look like? A pic would be better...so many plecos have variations of the color scheme.

That does look like a rubbernose I used to have, and they are really very excellent algae eaters. They are a teeny bit rougher on plants when cleaning leaves, so any broadleaf plants you have might suffer a bit - but this is of course not true all of the time. They do not eat plants, though, and I am just as fond of them as my ugly ole BNs.

hehe, my roommate thinks the new plecos are ugly :roll: I personally find them adorable... okay maybe not the bristlenose but I think that one just looks cool. As for the rubber pleco, he is adorable in my book and my roommate thinks his big lips are freaky. She almost flipped when she saw him moving around on the glass (how they move thier lips when they are looking for food) *sigh* I added the rummynosed tetras just for her, though I can't say I don't like those little guys too. (ack! double negatives... it is too late)

I've got a non-spotted one who has one eye that's white and one that's black. I don't know if he's blind in one eye or what but he seems to be fine and he's an awesome little guy.

Back
Top Bottom