Yellow shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ged

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased some yellow shrimp (Neocaridina heterpoda var. yellow) about 3 weeks ago and I finally noticed one females has some fertilized eggs, not many but it is her first clutch

[/URL] I figure there are 3 to 6. I am hoping they are as prolific as the red variety (cherry)

I first noticed the unfertilized eggs in the saddle(middle back) last week

They had a rough shipping but otherwise happy and healthy I have been pampering them with hikari shrimp cuisine three water changes a week and various frozen food as a treat

I like fw now there are so many different shrimp. Nice shrimp! What else do you have in there? I was wondering because of the possible babies.

There is nothing else in the tank I set the tank up specifically for them to breed, although these shrimp aren't rare they haven't been available here, I am one of 2 people who have these in my province because of the difficulty and expense of shipping to Canada from the U.S.
Thailand seems to be the only place we can order from even then they can't be shipped here but have to shipped to either Montreal or Toronto inspected then re-shipped which increases the cost and mortality. Don't even get me started on the cost of plants because of this. These were imported by a dual citizen driven to canada then shipped out.

They do love the shrimp cuisine

They almost glow when the light hits them right

male

Back
Top Bottom