Yunite rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really rushing. I'm going on vacation in a week and it's only 5 days. I bought these rams two weeks before a short vacation. I don't consider this a huge rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Contacted them and they pretended like I was the first one to ever have this happen. They didn't even try to set things right. Oh well.

IK so many people have recommended it. It's just my luck that I would end up with a problem.

I have to agree, never heard anything bad from the people I've sent to them. I didn't have a problem with my order.

But, and not to say anything bad about you, I also know better than to order around a holiday as Brookster already stated. The mail is already running behind because they didn't deliver. And I also never order ANYTHING in that type of heat. Ever. Period. Cool packs or not. Nope, never ever.

Oh, and for rams still in the bag and being stressed out, they honestly do not look as horrible as y'all are making them sound in your replies. Drama much?

Last edited:
I just received mine today adn they looks amazing .

Sent from my 801EM using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405120888356.jpg
    1405120888356.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 113
I have to agree, never heard anything bad from the people I've sent to them. I didn't have a problem with my order.

But, and not to say anything bad about you, I also know better than to order around a holiday as Brookster already stated. The mail is already running behind because they didn't deliver. And I also never order ANYTHING in that type of heat. Ever. Period. Cool packs or not. Nope, never ever.

Oh, and for rams still in the bag and being stressed out, they honestly do not look as horrible as y'all are making them sound in your replies. Drama much?

I didn't even think about the holiday but it's not like thounds of people go shopping near that day. So it shouldn't of been back logged too bad. And dude that's the Florida heat it will get even hotter.

I ordered new lights for that weekend, I'll bet lots of people order for the holiday.. extra time means extra time to waste money... and like dragon said.. they look ok in the bag, I'll bet you have them looking fresh in no time at all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

True. But they are still pretty ugly. And I don't think They are paired.

It's just a saying it has no meaning. Let's try to stay on topic here.

Wow, telling a mod to stay on topic when she clearly stated that you have a male and female ram and also clarified her gender.

Also, I was raised in Florida. Lived in Daytona Beach for close to 20 years. I know the Florida heat.

Just because you have a female and male (people) doesn't mean they are married. Yunite has them listed as if they paired up, got married in terms. I'm not here to argue. I'm just sharing my experience with yunite.

Hmm let's see. they've been in a bag, in a box, in hot shipping trucks for a week, I'm pretty sure the last thing they're thinking about right now is pairing up. You have to give them time. You can't expect instant spawning.

I understand you want to share your experience, however, you need to also be a bit realistic here.

1) shipping in the summer heat

2) shipping around a holiday

3) stressed fish

all of these equal to not the best looking rams but certainly not the worst I've seen. They are in far better shape than what you made them sound. The fact that they are stressed is going to make them skittish and not want to pair off right away.

So instead of giving a totally bad review on a very excellent supplier, try taking into consideration the things that add up to make this event what it is.

Also - 'married' pairs would have been sold as a mated pair, bonded pair, or proven pair. A pair is just that... A pair.

I was under the impression that yunite had already paired them. Not that they were just m/f and they would eventually pair in my tank. I apologize. But still the part were they charged me extra money was wrong. Also I can't help that I live in a hot state.

Fish need time to settle, the fact that they survived that trip is a testament alone.. you'll really need to give them a couple weeks to get frisky with each other..

Seriously speaking, you're holding some fine stock.. that's really all that matters at the end of the day with gbr's. . Most are crap..

Seriously speaking, you're holding some fine stock.. that's really all that matters at the end of the day with gbr's. . Most are crap..

Just give em' some frozen foods and keep the water quality up and they'll be more than fine. Those rams are some high quality line breed rams that will give you lots of spawns if you treat them right. Like Brookster said you've got some nice fish on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom