Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
10 gallon office tank

Does anyone have a good recommendation for fish to add to a 10 gallon SWT for my office? I have the 90 gallon in my living room and bought a 10 gallon for the office I just need to get something that doesn't mind not having room to roam.

rchbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Take a look here:
Nano Fish

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to the_elvish_misfit Send a message via Yahoo to the_elvish_misfit
10g is kinda small for a SWT. You could have like 2 clowns and 5lbs of coral.
the_elvish_misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I kind of like the fire fish for a nano tank. They are pretty and dont swim that much.
melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to bawel Send a message via Skype™ to bawel
Hahahah I agree... even tho they said a goby can jump out of the tank, firefish is the much calmer one, my Kudos already tried jumping 3 times when provoked always hit the lid, thank God.
~Reef Tank~
28GL BF, Hydor Koralia Nano PH, AquaClear 50 with LRR, 24" Nova Extreme T5HO, 20Lbs LS and 35Lbs LR
bawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a 10 and a 6.5 (both are over 3 years old) would say that something along the lines of a YWMG would be a good choice I have 2 little ocellaris clown fish in mine and while he uses the whole tank (Which is not hard for any fish in a nano) they seem to do fine I also have a purple pseudochromis that calls my tank home he was the last fish added as they can be agressive and can not be housed with fire fish or WYMG fish or fish with the same genral body structure /shape they can also pick on shrimp so be sure if you add one that your shrimp is in good size keeping them well fed(the first few weeks will help then you can taper back to the normal feeding (which for me is 2xs a week)) ... As with any system with fish you will want to consider a lid of egg crate or some other type of cover that allows it to be "open" yet closed off from jumpers(since all fish have the ability to jump (I know you know this but some one who is researching may not )) ..I also would say that if you were to add corals in you could go with 7 -8LBS of LR as you will make up the rest as you add corals ..
In our tank that we have left it is the 2 ocellaris clowns misbared for looks, 1 purple pseudochromis , and the shrimp .. the clowns were added 2 days apart 3-4 years ago.Our fish are all about 3-4 years old , we feed them 2Xs a week and do a 2 gallon water change with RO/DI water that we draw up weekly .. We had intitally 6lbs LR and added corals so we quickly made up the other 4 lbs and currently have close to 14LBS LR in our tank .All equipment are maintained by reefkeeper . We are running 80 watts pc with a 50/50 and actinic light on at 11 am and noon respectively and off at 7 and 8 respectivly ..I run a penguin 150 filter with a 50 watt titanium heater that is stashed in the filter box to hide it .. The heater is at 77* with a 1* varience .2 power heads that are on 24/7 so they are pluged into a UPS system ..

Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

10 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com