10 gallon vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it even worth it to have a 10 gallon fish only tank if I plan on going out of town for a few days? Or will all my fish be dead when I get back

I haven't set one up yet but I plan on it and I heard that with small saltwater tanks things can go wrong quick and need to be attended to everyday

so set it up and go on vacca and let it go through the stages of cycling throw a raw shrimp in and let it do its thing.Yes for a fowlr ten gallon you are VERY limited and from what ive heard and seen parameters are next to impossible to balance hope this helps good luck

chiclidlover81 said:
so set it up and go on vacca and let it go through the stages of cycling throw a raw shrimp in and let it do its thing.Yes for a fowlr ten gallon you are VERY limited and from what ive heard and seen parameters are next to impossible to balance hope this helps good luck

Oh I was asking because I go out of town about once every three months for a few days. I don't see why balancing parameters should be that difficult if you are willing to do maintenance everyday. I'm not doing coral so won't be as hard

If people can maintain 1 gallon and 2 gallon etc...pico reefs I'm sure a 10 gallon shouldn't be difficult. It might take some attention but I have no doubt it's doable and once established quite easy. The salty gurus will chime in shortly...

I would say live rock and sand helps keep mine in check I only do a pwc once a week and everything stays good :)
Make sure you are not overstocked....

boniewoodruff said:
I would say live rock and sand helps keep mine in check I only do a pwc once a week and everything stays good :)
Make sure you are not overstocked....

So you have a 10 gallon? What do you have in yours?

If its only a few days (3-4), and the tank has stabilized, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom