Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, I would add it in small quality first

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay so at Petco I got their "real ocean water" for a water change since an rodi system isnt available at the moment and I also got a koi angel fish for one of my FW tanks

I then stopped at a place called "Scales and Tails" and got my water tested (they used api liquid test kit so it's accurate and I also watched them closely while they tested) and all levels were good.

I got a coral banded shrimp, 6 Astrea snails, and 3 red legged hermits. Also bought 4 more pounds of rock and a black background. I'm so excited the tank looks awesome!!

In another 1-2 weeks I'm gonna start getting fish (still haven't decided on stock even tho we've discussed it a ton)

I wish I could post a pic of the tank for you guys!!

Old 08-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You won't be able to mix cleaner shrimp w/ the coral banded, they probably won't get along. Gotta stick to 1 kind of shrimp. Just like gobys & blennys, 1 of each. Exciting for adding stock!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTank View Post
You won't be able to mix cleaner shrimp w/ the coral banded, they probably won't get along. Gotta stick to 1 kind of shrimp. Just like gobys & blennys, 1 of each. Exciting for adding stock!
Okay sounds good! What should I feed this lil guy ??
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post

Okay sounds good! What should I feed this lil guy ??
My scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp picks at algae on the rocks. He likes the fish's flakes, sea weed sheets, the pellets for omnivores (I think they're algae/sea weed-based) and he even goes after frozen mysis & caviar/fish roe/eggs! I specifically feed him pellets or flakes every other fish feeding.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay great news, I got my first fish today !!

I decided on 1 ocelllaris clown for now and he's just the cutest lil guy ever! He's swimming around the tank and he even ate a few pellets on his 1st day In his new home. As I fed my clown, I also noticed all my cuc come out of hiding and gulp up the leftovers he didn't eat! It's so interesting to watch.

Also in the future, I plan on getting a snowflake clown and possible a royal gramma, or a dart fish. I also have my eyes on a yellow watchman goby

I do have one question tho, I have a 160 gal rotating power head and I'm wondering if its to much current for the lil guy? He looks like he's struggling alittle but when I turn of the ph he still swims the same so maybe he just swims that way?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post
Okay great news, I got my first fish today !!

I decided on 1 ocelllaris clown for now and he's just the cutest lil guy ever! He's swimming around the tank and he even ate a few pellets on his 1st day In his new home. As I fed my clown, I also noticed all my cuc come out of hiding and gulp up the leftovers he didn't eat! It's so interesting to watch.

Also in the future, I plan on getting a snowflake clown and possible a royal gramma, or a dart fish. I also have my eyes on a yellow watchman goby

I do have one question tho, I have a 160 gal rotating power head and I'm wondering if its to much current for the lil guy? He looks like he's struggling alittle but when I turn of the ph he still swims the same so maybe he just swims that way?
Yay! Yes, clownfish swim funny!! I thought the SAME thing about mine. They're very wiggly & seem ineffective swimmers most of the time but when they wanna go somewhere, they can move.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTank View Post

Yay! Yes, clownfish swim funny!! I thought the SAME thing about mine. They're very wiggly & seem ineffective swimmers most of the time but when they wanna go somewhere, they can move.
Okay good! I thought he did swim a little weird different lol
Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

There awesome little fish. And there never is too much current. They live in the ocean which is noting but current hahah

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My clowns ride the current in my big tank so flow isnt an issue with them. Just make sure you have a cover if they do that too, I lost 3 pairs of clowns due to jumping.

Tags
fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com