Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jhawk__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,121
Thanks!


So I have another question about a powerhead.

I'm looking at the Hydor Koralia nano water circulation pump and I was wondering if I should get 240 GPH or 425 GPH. The 425 is only a few dollars more.
__________________

__________________
jhawk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
TangoTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post
Thanks!

So I have another question about a powerhead.

I'm looking at the Hydor Koralia nano water circulation pump and I was wondering if I should get 240 GPH or 425 GPH. The 425 is only a few dollars more.
Well somebody said they're running 240 on their 25g. And I actually don't know what the math is for good circulation. I do know that that's a great PH brand. I'd say though that too much circulation could be disruptive to your substrate & maybe rough on the animals in a tight space. Let's see what somebody else w/ more experience says...
__________________

__________________
Check out my photography:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post2548090
TangoTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTank View Post

Well somebody said they're running 240 on their 25g. And I actually don't know what the math is for good circulation. I do know that that's a great PH brand. I'd say though that too much circulation could be disruptive to your substrate & maybe rough on the animals in a tight space. Let's see what somebody else w/ more experience says...
If your moving your substrate across the bottom, then you have to much flow. That's my 25 g, but I'm also running a hob filter that's rated for a 60 g tank and i have many different corals and they do great. These animals get battered by waves and currents that we have no nope to recreate, so they can stand heavy flow. I think that powerhead will be fine.
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jhawk__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,121
Okay thanks! Just wanted to make sure.
__________________
jhawk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post
Okay thanks! Just wanted to make sure.
Yep, no problem
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jhawk__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,121
THE TANK IS FINALLY UP AND RUNNING WOOHOO!

I went with live sand

I have 3 pieces of small live rock and one large piece from Petco.

I decided to go with a 160 GPH Powerhead as I think the other one would have been over kill. I'm just waiting for the tank to clear up now
__________________
jhawk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jhawk__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,121
Now that the tanks running keys discus stock again! Lol

I'm very interested in damselfish now as I've seen some people keep them in 10 gals on YouTube.

I also like the idea of 2 clowns and maybe a neon goby or 2.

Firefish gobys also catch my eye!

I know I can only have 2 maybe 3 fish at max so would someone please help me decide lol!!
__________________
jhawk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post
Now that the tanks running keys discus stock again! Lol

I'm very interested in damselfish now as I've seen some people keep them in 10 gals on YouTube.

I also like the idea of 2 clowns and maybe a neon goby or 2.

Firefish gobys also catch my eye!

I know I can only have 2 maybe 3 fish at max so would someone please help me decide lol!!
I'll help
You could do 2 clowns max
Or a damsel and a yellow watch man goby
Or 2 neon gobies and a firefish
You could also go with a Tanka's Pygmy wrasse an 2 neons

IMao neons only grow an inch to an inch an a half so that's why I'm saying you could have 2
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jhawk__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,121
Could I possibly do

1 clown
1 damsel
1 neon

That would be awesome!
__________________
jhawk__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior13 View Post
Could I possibly do

1 clown
1 damsel
1 neon

That would be awesome!
That would be cool but I would only do one type on free swimming fish in a 10g for territory reasons. Damsels can get mean without enough territory
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.