10g fowlr help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay so the time has come for me to get my clean up crew. I have some what of an idea of what I want, but I don't know what i need.

I know snails, hermits, and shrimp are essential to have, but how many each is necessary for my set up? also what about blennies? I'm interested in those little guys to!

no CUC is a necessity, it's whatever you want and /or like. :)

Blennies are awesome, I have several. Great little guys

okay awesome!

i definitely want 1 or 2 cleaner shrimp, also maybe a banded coral shrimp, possibly a porcelain crab and also a few hermits and 6 or so snail.

i also have a question thats probably very stupid...whenever i do water changes on my salty tank, can i use the same siphon i use on my freshwater tanks. and can i use the same net in both tanks also? sorry if thats a stupid question lol

okay awesome!

i definitely want 1 or 2 cleaner shrimp, also maybe a banded coral shrimp, possibly a porcelain crab and also a few hermits and 6 or so snail.

i also have a question thats probably very stupid...whenever i do water changes on my salty tank, can i use the same siphon i use on my freshwater tanks. and can i use the same net in both tanks also? sorry if thats a stupid question lol

okay awesome!

I use both my siphon an my net with no probs, banded coral shrimp are also cleaners. I would only do one shrimp or else there could be territory issues. Look at sexy shrimp, an Pom Pom crabs

I use both my siphon an my net with no probs, banded coral shrimp are also cleaners. I would only do one shrimp or else there could be territory issues. Look at sexy shrimp, an Pom Pom crabs

Okay cool! I just need to check and see what the local fish store has!

I have another question everyone (sorry for being so dumb lol) how long should I leave this shrimp in the tank? It's been in there for over 2 weeks now

I have another question everyone (sorry for being so dumb lol) how long should I leave this shrimp in the tank? It's been in there for over 2 weeks now

Test your tank to see if its cycled, don't add a live cleaner shrimp until the tank has stabilized for a 2 months

Test your tank to see if its cycled, don't add a live cleaner shrimp until the tank has stabilized for a 2 months

Okay, I plan on going to Petco for a test kit, some more rock and to get a few things for my freshwater tanks this week.

If my tank is cycled, can I take out the dead shrimp and add some snails and hermits next weekend?

Okay so at Petco I got their "real ocean water" for a water change since an rodi system isnt available at the moment and I also got a koi angel fish for one of my FW tanks

I then stopped at a place called "Scales and Tails" and got my water tested (they used api liquid test kit so it's accurate and I also watched them closely while they tested) and all levels were good.

I got a coral banded shrimp, 6 Astrea snails, and 3 red legged hermits. Also bought 4 more pounds of rock and a black background. I'm so excited the tank looks awesome!!

In another 1-2 weeks I'm gonna start getting fish (still haven't decided on stock even tho we've discussed it a ton)

I wish I could post a pic of the tank for you guys!!

You won't be able to mix cleaner shrimp w/ the coral banded, they probably won't get along. Gotta stick to 1 kind of shrimp. Just like gobys & blennys, 1 of each. Exciting for adding stock!

You won't be able to mix cleaner shrimp w/ the coral banded, they probably won't get along. Gotta stick to 1 kind of shrimp. Just like gobys & blennys, 1 of each. Exciting for adding stock!

Okay sounds good! What should I feed this lil guy ??

Okay sounds good! What should I feed this lil guy ??

My scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp picks at algae on the rocks. He likes the fish's flakes, sea weed sheets, the pellets for omnivores (I think they're algae/sea weed-based) and he even goes after frozen mysis & caviar/fish roe/eggs! I specifically feed him pellets or flakes every other fish feeding.

Okay great news, I got my first fish today !! :dance:

I decided on 1 ocelllaris clown for now and he's just the cutest lil guy ever! He's swimming around the tank and he even ate a few pellets on his 1st day In his new home. As I fed my clown, I also noticed all my cuc come out of hiding and gulp up the leftovers he didn't eat! It's so interesting to watch.

Also in the future, I plan on getting a snowflake clown and possible a royal gramma, or a dart fish. I also have my eyes on a yellow watchman goby :)

I do have one question tho, I have a 160 gal rotating power head and I'm wondering if its to much current for the lil guy? He looks like he's struggling alittle but when I turn of the ph he still swims the same so maybe he just swims that way?

Okay great news, I got my first fish today !! :dance:

I decided on 1 ocelllaris clown for now and he's just the cutest lil guy ever! He's swimming around the tank and he even ate a few pellets on his 1st day In his new home. As I fed my clown, I also noticed all my cuc come out of hiding and gulp up the leftovers he didn't eat! It's so interesting to watch.

Also in the future, I plan on getting a snowflake clown and possible a royal gramma, or a dart fish. I also have my eyes on a yellow watchman goby :)

I do have one question tho, I have a 160 gal rotating power head and I'm wondering if its to much current for the lil guy? He looks like he's struggling alittle but when I turn of the ph he still swims the same so maybe he just swims that way?

Yay! Yes, clownfish swim funny!! I thought the SAME thing about mine. They're very wiggly & seem ineffective swimmers most of the time but when they wanna go somewhere, they can move.

Yay! Yes, clownfish swim funny!! I thought the SAME thing about mine. They're very wiggly & seem ineffective swimmers most of the time but when they wanna go somewhere, they can move.

Okay good! I thought he did swim a little weird different lol

There awesome little fish. And there never is too much current. They live in the ocean which is noting but current hahah

My clowns ride the current in my big tank so flow isnt an issue with them. :) Just make sure you have a cover if they do that too, I lost 3 pairs of clowns due to jumping.

Back
Top Bottom