10g fowlr help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My clowns ride the current in my big tank so flow isnt an issue with them. :) Just make sure you have a cover if they do that too, I lost 3 pairs of clowns due to jumping.

+1 on the wave surfing clowns. Every clown I've ever had rode the current all day

Okay so I have a slight problem. I bought a royal gramma on Saturday and just today I noticed he passed for no apparent reason. I don't think it was from my water parameters cause my clown is very healthy and happy. I noticed when I fished him out that part of his tail was missing. I'm thinking he got stuck in the rocks cause he was always hiding. Is this possible?

You may be introducing fish too quickly... A 10 gallon FOWLR can be subject to rapid changes in water quality due to the small volume. Try testing your parameters and don't add anything else to the tank. I've learned that in the nearly 20 years in this hobby, patience pays off..

Also the RG is a pretty tough fish... My friend had one that used to bully a snowflake eel and a tomato clown. All the other fish on your wish list are nice for your tank size, especially the yellow watchman goby.

You may be introducing fish too quickly... A 10 gallon FOWLR can be subject to rapid changes in water quality due to the small volume. Try testing your parameters and don't add anything else to the tank. I've learned that in the nearly 20 years in this hobby, patience pays off..

The tanks been running for 2 months now I don't think I rushed. Deff won't be adding anything for a while though!

Okay so I'm back with an update and good news!! Since the royal gramma passed away, there has been no issues at all and everything's went smoothly. On Sunday I added a little bangaai cardinal (I know there supposed to be in schools but I've also read they do just fine independently. ) so far he's been eating, swimming with my clown, and exploring the tank alot! I haven't once seen him hide in the rocks. He's so cool!

I've also been getting algae growth on the sand bed, so I would like to know how to solve that problem.

I also want to add more to my cleanup crew and want to add what you guys would recommend! Lastly, I plan on adding 1 or two more fish, (prob one) haven't decided on what yet. Here's my stock so far

1 Oc Clown
1 Bangaai Cardinal
1 coral banded shrimp
3 hermits
5 Astraea snails.

Go check out my 10 gal fowlr album for pics!

Can't go wrong with a firefish, purple ones are a bit bigger and more pretty :)

I've been looking at them, I'm just concerned that they'll hide a lot and not eat since they're supposed to be shy.

My rainsfords is not shy but does spend a lot of time grazing, my firefish is front and centre always even at feeding time (food frenzy) with clowns and a puffer to compete with. The purple ones are a bit bigger than normal firefish but like a lot of fish they have different personalities!

UPDATE: everything's still doing great, no losses since the royal gramma. (Knock on wood) my bangaai cardinal and clown are best buds and eat like little monsters!! I'm considering adding once more fish , a black OC clown or maybe a blenny or gobby. Haven't quiet decided yet. What's your guys opinion? I really want the clown tbh but I've never spent more than $20 on a fish and am worried my money might go down the drain.

Also, my birthday is coming up this Monday and I asked for a reef capable led light so what are some options for a light that will allow me to get just about anything I want. :) can't cost more that $150.

Back
Top Bottom