10g fowlr help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could I do a clown and a cardinal lol? Sorry for all the questions. And also how do u go about adding my clean up crew? Of my snails and hermits do I need

I wouldn't do that becuse cardinals are schoolers an they would be more comfortable with there on kind. An were here to awenser questions lol So ask away.
I would say 2-5 hermits and 3 turbo snails and 4 nerites

Good point, I never knew they were schoolers! Ill go check live Aquaria to see of there is any other small fish I like

. In the mean time, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm leaving Saturday. I want to toss a dead raw shrimp in the tank and just leave it in there while gone to cycle the tank. Will this work, and is there a certain way I need to do it?

Also while I'm typing (lol) do I need to still have my lights on a schedule while I'm gone or can I just leave them off? I can purchase a timer if I need to.

Good point, I never knew they were schoolers! Ill go check live Aquaria to see of there is any other small fish I like

. In the mean time, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm leaving Saturday. I want to toss a dead raw shrimp in the tank and just leave it in there while gone to cycle the tank. Will this work, and is there a certain way I need to do it?

Also while I'm typing (lol) do I need to still have my lights on a schedule while I'm gone or can I just leave them off? I can purchase a timer if I need to.

That's fine, that's what I did. And lights need to stay off or you'll cause an algae bloom. Sounds good, I love live aquaria

That's fine, that's what I did. And lights need to stay off or you'll cause an algae bloom. Sounds good, I love live aquaria

Okay ill just leave em off the whole time them. The live rock doesn't need light right? Btw since I just bought all aqua cultured live rock from the start, I read that it practically cycles a tank ? Is this true?

If I could, I would like to add a cuc before I leave but not if they will be harmed

Okay so I put a dead raw shrimp in a hose. Now I just leave it In there until I get back from vacation and then test my water ?

What about azure damsel? It gets along with my clown fish just fine. They even bump heads during feeding time lol but it does not fee aggressive.

What about azure damsel? It gets along with my clown fish just fine. They even bump heads during feeding time lol but it does not fee aggressive.

Would it work in a 10? Ill research it! Thanks for the idea :)

Would it work in a 10? Ill research it! Thanks for the idea :)

Never owned a 10... It's possible... He will own a area near the rock almost instantly. However, with my fish, it works. All tanks are uniquely the same IMO. Now he patrols his area when he wakes and before bed but my other fish swim near and in his area without problems. I have a clown, canary & fire goby, cleaner shrimp, some inverts and a star. All appear healthy and happy.

While at the beach, I've found tons of cool shells. I was wondering if I could put them in the tank and how to sterilize/clean them

Anyone know If I can put sea shells from the beach in my tank?

Really? So there's no way to sterilize them to make them safe?

Let them sit in sun 2 weeks away from where kids or pets can get near them. Then, cure them in saltwater for another couple of weeks w/ a powerhead to keep the water moving.

What could happen if they aren't cured correctly ?

Back
Top Bottom