10g saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have found only aiptasia as bad hitchhikers on my rock. You are more likely to get bad hitchhikers from the store like crabs, and mantis shrimp.

Ok, i would totally do this, but im having a hard time convincing the parents. The place im thinkong of is in between the fridge and the oven, like a countertop in between. And in front of it across the kitchen it a window. The blings are usually closed on it though. Would this spot work?

also remember u gotta pay close attention to the water parameters and if later on u decide to add mor live rock do it slowly or it might cause a mini cycle

Ok, i would totally do this, but im having a hard time convincing the parents. The place im thinkong of is in between the fridge and the oven, like a countertop in between. And in front of it across the kitchen it a window. The blings are usually closed on it though. Would this spot work?

Do you have a picture of the spot? You probably don't want it too close to the oven. If the blinds are barely open I would say that, that isn't an issue. :)

Heres the spot. And it never recieved direct sun so thats good. And a couple more questions, is my king-225 powerhead good enough? And could i use just a standard 10 gallon aqueon filter? Should i replace the filter cartridge before cycling my sw tank?

Also, do i need a protein skimmer of any kind for such a small tank? And are tere any corals that can grow in really low lighting?

Thats ok, and do you have any answers to my above questions? About the powerhead and filter and filter cartridge?

You can use a regular filter, though I would go for a larger one for a sw tank. :) The powerhead should be ok, just have it on the side that the filter output isn't.

carey said:
You can use a regular filter, though I would go for a larger one for a sw tank. :) The powerhead should be ok, just have it on the side that the filter output isn't.

Any suggestions on a cheap larger filter? My power head gives alot of flow, are you sure its okay?

abrahamavelar said:
ya also if u could make it so u dont see the bubbles that will make it better looking IMO

The bubbles on the powerhead, or filter?

Back
Top Bottom