10g saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know much about them, but to me they serm like a separate part of the filter that is a safe place for growing out delicate corals, or macro algea. Not essential on smaller tanks. But this is just my understanding. What lights do you have by the way?

idk, whatever came with a FW 10gal tank? its something like 20watts and regular. but i want to change them to UV or something for corals. im useless haha

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
idk, whatever came with a FW 10gal tank? its something like 20watts and regular. but i want to change them to UV or something for corals. im useless haha

Ahh it musyt be the same as mine. 15 watt t8 fixtures. Does anyone know if 2 of these on a sw tank could grow any coral??

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
apparantly not enough light, but more to the point (no offense! jokes!) can we upgrade easily? xx

Haha ya!! How much would it be for a light that can grow basic corals?

^^That depends, it's hard to find a light fixture for a ten gallon (so carey has told me via PM :D), but I would say a T5HO, LED, or metal hallide. But I know those sometimes get crazy expensive.

bruinsbro1997 said:
^^That depends, it's hard to find a light fixture for a ten gallon (so carey has told me via PM :D), but I would say a T5HO, LED, or metal hallide. But I know those sometimes get crazy expensive.

Oh darn. I was thinkin two t8 15 watts might help. Could i grow anything with this? I saw those metal halides...like 200 for the cheap ones!!

Heres the spot. And it never recieved direct sun so thats good. And a couple more questions, is my king-225 powerhead good enough? And could i use just a standard 10 gallon aqueon filter? Should i replace the filter cartridge before cycling my sw tank?

Seems like a good spot, is there a lot of traffic though?

Well i mean, its in the kitchen....we like to eat hahaha. Its such a good spot though! Everyone would get to see my little FOWLR when they enter!! Think i could grow anything with my lights though..? ;(

Gboy66 said:
Well i mean, its in the kitchen....we like to eat hahaha. Its such a good spot though! Everyone would get to see my little FOWLR when they enter!! Think i could grow anything with my lights though..? ;(

Depends on the lights, if they're the standard bulbs I say no.
You could buy a Bio-Cube, it's just a tad but bigger than ten gallons (12 I believe) and comes with everything pre-installed, you just have to assemble it :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Depends on the lights, if they're the standard bulbs I say no.
You could buy a Bio-Cube, it's just a tad but bigger than ten gallons (12 I believe) and comes with everything pre-installed, you just have to assemble it :)

How much are those? 300 right?

thank you carey!! and these are fine to grow corals, keep a couple of fish etc? xx
and if not, Bruins - would i be able to set up the filter, change the sand, get a powerhead and thats that the tank is ready for live rock and ro/di water? xx

You can keep basic corals for sure with the stock lights plus it comes with a lid which is handy. :) I really like my biocube, I have the 29g version.

Back
Top Bottom