110g build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the rocks back in, must say its not the best layout but it will do.. For now.

On another note im having the same problem as my last tank. My overflow pulls plenty of water but not enough to keep up with my pump, i turned the ball valve but its literally right before closed and my sump still stays with low water level. Gonna be a long few days..

That's awfully fast for a return pump on a 110g. Do you know what the flow is after head loss? What kind of overflow are you using? Pipe diameter?

Not sure after. Overflow is a built in overflow, probably could have been fixed up a little before i started using it. Pipe size varies i believe full return system is 1" and overflow pipes are 1 1/4" going to have to double check.

Live rock is in! Well bought its covered in all kinds of oranges, pinks, purples, reds and green. Now we cycle, small plumbing fixes and good to go.

I hate to rant and rave but i need someone who understands to hear this. I can not stand when people assume things are just going to "work" in an aquarium. My friend and her husband have a 42 bowfront reef. Its been up maybe a month and its crammed with corals and fish that will out grow it in no time. She "claims" her husband researches it all and i seriously doubt it. Im going to school for marine biology and science, i've dedicated my life and future to this type of stuff. I would literally go crazy if i didnt have a fish tank in my house and they assume that they can just throw stuff together and it'll be perfect.

Sorry about this just HAD to get it off my chest.

We all have to vent sometimes. It happens. Hope your friend educates herself real quick. I personally don't mind if mistakes are made in our hobby...it happens, and hopefully folks learn from it. It just gets to me when sound advice falls on deaf ears. Best of luck to you as well at school. =)

Mistakes are bound to happen, its part of life. Its when you make mistakes and dont learn from then it gets real bad, and thank you.

And people forget that, even though they are "just fish", they are living creatures and if we are going to keep them we need to do it responsibly. I get really bothered every time I lose a fish and not just because they are expensive.

Great thread I learned a lot getting ready to buy a used system so I'm reading everything this was encouraging ?

Good luck with your system. Take your time and do it all right the first time so you dont have lakes on your floor like i did.

Back
Top Bottom