120 gallon predator saltwater tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a 120 gallon aquarium, 48x24x24. I have a 125 reef aquarium already. I wanted to try a predator tank. Will this be a decent size tank for predator fish? I know I not gonna be able to have a shark or a sting ray, but I wanting to know some fish that would be nice to put in there.
what Ive seen that I like:
harlequin tuskfish
snowflake eel
Lionfish
trigger
rabbit fish
If some of these will work. If they don't just let me know. Also, if you have any ideas on some other fish let me know. How do you add these also? What order should I add these fish to the tank?

all could be put in the tank that is actually a good stock list just make sure you introduce them from least aggressive leaving your last addition either the trigger or the lion but i depends on what type of trigger or what type of lion hope this helps good luck

if you do a snow flake eel make sure your canopy or lid is on TIGHT they are escape artists hope this helps good luck

Idk which trigger I want yet maybe a semi aggressive one. I like the humu humu trigger but idk how well it will do with a lion fish. Also should I put a dwarf lion instead? Ive been wanting an eel. The snowflake is very attractive compared to some of the others. I was tginking about doing the brs screen tops. Do u think that would keep the eel in? Thanks for the help to all of you. What kind of light should I get? The tusk fish in pics looks like it may have some neon colors never seen one in person, so Id like something that will make him pop? Im also thinking leds just because I dont feel like changing bulbs lol

Thats a dwarf lion right?
What should I feed them?
Also, is there anything I can put in there for cleaning?

this might be crazy, but could I add a peacock mantis shrimp its aggressive isn't it? I know some of the fish arnt invert safe, but Idk if the fish want to mess with a mantis shrimp. Any thoughts, bad idea, it may work, etc?

I will choose which one I want later. Im looking at:
{Black Volitan Lionfish, Mombasa Lionfish, Radiata Lionfish}
{humu rectangle triggerfish, clown triggerfish}
{snowflake eel}
{foxface rabbitfish}
{stars and stripes puffer, blue spot toby puffer, valentine puffer}
{Australian harlequin tusk fish}
{spiny blue lobster, peacock mantis shrimp}

The stuff in red is what I would like to have the most. The others are a toss up, and maybes. What do you all think? the spint blue lobster and mantis shrimp Idk if they could be put in a predator tank so I added them to see what you all will say about it. thanks

I've read that clown triggers get very aggressive as they mature and sometimes will bully everything in a tank. My lfs had one in a huge tank by itself also. Never kept one, though.

I have a 110 US gallon tank with a Picasso (huma huma) trigger and Niger trigger, volitan lionfish, thread fin butterfly and a snow flake eel. I added the butterfly first and the lionfish second - this is a baby of about 3 inches. The triggers were added next at the same time to stop disputes and the eel added last. As long as sizes are similar with the more peaceful fish of a larger size there shouldn't be an issue as long as the triggers are added last. I now can't add anything else as the triggers attack anything new which is a bit annoying. I may have to rearrange the rock work if I want to add anything else to prevent the triggers protecting their territory. The fish you have listed should be fine together but definitely add the trigger/s last!

I have no clue idk if a dwarf couldcatch them and maybe if the other fish are bigger than tge lions mouth.

Back
Top Bottom