Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New guy in the tank!

I went to the store looking forward to buying a One Spot Fox Face! I was disappointed because no store had one! Two stores and not one! I felt defeated and just wanted a new fish! So on impulses I bought my new friend!

I wanted another Clown Fish, so I got a Black Clown Fish! Got home and acclimated him for about 30 mins (Drip). Now he is swimming with the other fishes! LOL

I also had to rearrange my rock work, it fell! So I also got that putty stuff that binds the rock together so it won't fall again. It's not too different than how I had it set up before, but now it's not going to fall! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6925.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	232741  

Old 04-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Should I go with some Cleaner Wrasses a little later down the road?

Once I get my tank stocked to where I want, would putting in one cleaner wrasse be a good idea? I know they can be difficult to care for, but if I got 10 tank mates the wrasse should have plenty of food, don't you think? Plus it will eat what I put into the tank.

I don't need to feed the fish three times a day right? Why do all the websites say this? Most of the fish I got in there now say to feed three times a day. I only feed once a day and they seem happy and picking the live rock all day. I am honestly thinking of setting some live rock down in my sump and adding pods in. Would the pump just suck them up and into the main tank when they get over populated? How does it work when growing pods, and can it be done in a wet dry set up?

Can I even keep a cleaner wrasse with another wrasse in my tank? I got the Lyretail Wrasse already. I just think it would be a good idea to keep parasites off my other fish.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get some cleaner shrimp instead easier to care for and do a better job IMO Pods are easy to grow in your sump and ad another food source, a small rock pile or a clump of cheato for them to breed in is all you'll need Or you can do what i do and toss a pair of molly's in your sump they breed like crazy

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Won't the puffer eat the shrimp? I have many things that I want but l am limited thanks to my stock. LoL

I was thinking maybe an rose tip anemone for my clown (if he does host)! I was just thinking my puffer would eat it.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oops forgot about the puffer

Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #126
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea, that's why I was thinking putting pods in my sump and waiting a few months to add cleaner wrasses one or two. I just don't know if they would fight one another or the other wrasse would fight.

I am going to risk a rose bubble anemone. I talked to many people and they think the puffer will leave it alone. Being it's an anemone and not coral. If the clown host it, it would be even better as both would protect the other.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cleaner wrasse are very hard to keep, they need to be fed 3-4 x a day or kept in an over stocked tank so they can get enough to eat. They are peaceful for the most part. I'd try the nem as i think the puffer would ignore it

Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #128
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was only wanting 11 fish, plus the cleaner wrasse for a total of 12. Do you think that 11 fish would be enough for him to be able to live?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hard to say. We strive to keep our tanks so clean that there's very little chance of parasites for it to feed on. If you get one make sure it's eating frozen foods bloodworms/shrimp, things like that this way he has a chance.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just wish I could get a cleaner skunk shrimp, but I love my puffer to much. LoL

Tags
build, build thread, long, tan, tank, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com