Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your getting it from LA chances are it's eating or they wouldnt sell him/her A QT tank is the way to go trust me in the long run the little bit of time they take pays off

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Grizz

I know, the QT is the way to go! I have seen the light! Unfortunately the light is at the end of the tunnel. LOL

I have been doing this without a QT for 2 years now, and no issues yet. Does not mean it will not happen. I bought the AngelFish and my first thought was, I should have a QT tank for this guy to make sure he is eating before putting him in my display.

So now I am going to risk it. I watched a video and one guy had to find the angel and almost force feed it. Once it starts eating they are very hardy fish and are easy to care for, it's just getting them acclimated and ready to go.

My only concern is the Coral Beauty I have, but being the Singapore Angel looks more like a Butterfly Fish, I don't think I will have a big issue. I think I will be fine.

I will get a 20 Long for a QT tank and a hospital tank, but honestly the Singapore Angel is the 2nd to last fish I am putting in.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #143
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Singapore angelfish coming today! Wish me luck!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict

Best of luck.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My Singapore Angel is in and is acclimated.

I don't know if he will eat yet, but I hope so! So far he is exploring the tank, but he is kind of forced around due to some early aggression.

My tangs are doing their normal tail smack of the new guy, and my Luna wrasse has chased him around a bit. my Coral Beauty does not seem to mind to much, but has chased a little.

The same type of aggression my foxface went though. So I hope in a few days things will calm down and he will be out and about swimming like my foxface is now.

On the bright side my Foxface is doing well now! I was worried with all the aggression, but it has all died down for him. Now it's my Singapore Angels turn. He is about the size of my Coral Beauty which is 2 1/2 inches. My Tangs and wrasse are twice the size! So I am praying a bit! Wish him luck!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #146
Aquarium Advice Addict

If he's out and about chances are the tangs aren't a bother to him. leave the lights off for a day to help things along. feed as normal

Old 05-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #147
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Grizz

Today was weird and I hope it will not continue.

My Singapore Angel is out and swimming around grazing off the rocks. My Coral Beauty is swimming next to him minding his own business. The Coral Beauty chased a little yesterday, but now it seems a little friendly. Also the Tangs and others don't seem to be bothering him too much, but still just a little.

What was weird, is I came to my Coral Beauty being beat the hell up, not by the Singapore Angel, but by my Luna Wrasse. My Wrasse was chasing the hell out of my Coral Beauty and so where my Tangs! They beat the crap out of him! :-( His fins are nipped and he has some bruising on the the side and one of his side fins are nipped. It's as if the other fish decided to not pick on the new guy, but on the old one. Now it's stopped after I came out. I put in a sea weed clip to make them focus on something else.

I never new adding a new fish can upset the old order. I thought things would be fine. So far no aggression from anyone now, but it worries me.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice FINatic

On the plus side, he looks like he is eating. Not much, but he is nibbling at the food, and he took one mysis shrimp fully in.

It's like he gets around and nips and than becomes uninterested in it. I hope he will thrive in my tank. Everything seems to be normal now.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:18 AM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got a singapore angel about a month ago, maybe two months. It took me a while to get him to eat, about a week. Once he ate the first time he has been a pig ever since eating whatever i put in there. I wish you the best of luck with him/her. They are beautiful fish.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's not unheard of, the poor CB lost his place in the reef and got singled out Hopefully things are settled now

Tags
build, build thread, long, tan, tank, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com