Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

The 1400's should be fine running at the same time. If you have other power heads as well, you can put those ones on the wave maker, or just run them all without the wave maker would be better.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you want a wave get a wp40 and run two of those 1400's to get the extra flow in the tank

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I wouldnt run a wp40 AND 2 1400s. Thats almost 6000 gph and thats without a return flow. Not saying its bad but thats a bit overkill
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have close to 10k gph in my 8 foot long tank it not as bad as it sounds lol

Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My tank is only 5 foot, not 8 foot. It's also only a FOWLR tank, so flow is not huge but it's nice.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Update

Well, set back. My TV broke and well my wife needs a TV. She is pregnant and TV comes first. :-/

So my plans have been set back a few months. I am still going to be able to get the stand and hood done, but getting the tank up and running will be a little longer than I thought. I was hoping to have it up by next month.

On the PLUS side, my TV is still in warranty (Bought it from DELL with extended warranty 3 years ago) and because I that I can pay a few hundred extra to get a 60in TV. So Why not? LOL From a 40in to a 60in that has to be fun. LOL Crazy how prices dropped. My TV cost me almost the same as the one I am getting now. Just a $300 extra. So yea, that is why I am postponing my tank until January. New year tank!! :-p
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Update:

It's been a rough month. :-/ I really want to get this tank up, but all I got done is the tank hood. Of course its Christmas so money wise it has not been good. :-p

I hope next year things will come together and I can get this thing moving again. I really want to get my fish out of my 55 and into my 120 long. :-p
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Slow and steady wins the race.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Slow and steady wins the race.
Thanks!

I know what I am getting for Christmas! I am bad! I saw my wife's charges made to Amazon and matched the price.

Amazon.com: Coralife 05692 Pure-Flo II 50-Gallon Per Day 4 Stage RO/DI System: Pet Supplies

Its what I asked for, because lugging water from the store to my tank was getting old. LOL. Now I just hope they are easy to install. I got a sink in the Basement that I can hook it up too. I like the Idea that I can use this for drinking water as well. Being our water comes from a well and we are around farm land that uses pesticides. So I am glad that this filter will give me the ablility to filter all that junk out and we can have clean water for not just the fish tank, but my bird and cats as well.

Also should I be getting reef crystals or just plan salt for my salt mixing now. I want the purple stuff in my tank to keep growing and I was wondering if Reef Crystals would be better than the plain salt mix.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you arent planning on corals right away then regular I/O should be fine. The coralline just needs good water quality to keep growing so you'll be fine, it does take some time to really get growing but once it does it will be everywhere. lol

Tags
build, build thread, long, tan, tank, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com