125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Def does. The secondary drain is gonna remain wide open and ill throttle back the main drain a bit. Thank you for helping me sort it out. Now just to get the permanent plumbing built and installed. Not looking forward to it because its gonna cost an arm and a leg considering i need the piping, 3 or 4 1" quick disconnects, 2-3 valves, and several fittings

I got all my fittings and pvc at the contractor's store near me. Cut the costs to 1/3 prices of Lowes and other places. If I have one I'm sure there are a couple down near you.

Sniperhank said:
I got all my fittings and pvc at the contractor's store near me. Cut the costs to 1/3 prices of Lowes and other places. If I have one I'm sure there are a couple down near you.

Contractor store?? Whats it called?

Thank you:) imma look into it.
Got some new to me bulbs today for my fixture ( they were free, one works and ones junk)
Finally got whites on both sides now, although the left side is 14k and the right is 10k. Doesnt look bad

Attachments

• image-2936013480.jpg
    image-2936013480.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 98
Kio707 said:
Lol... Been busy with work, getting ready for deployment...

No way. Where you shippin out to? Hopefully not for too long

Got yet another member today, my Picasso trigger is back!! We now have our old Niger/Picasso pair that we had the first time around. The picasso (Uncle Vinny) is slightly bigger than the Niger (Dumbo) so it worked out perfectly because when Dumbo attempted to bully Vinny, Vinny just nips at him. Next in will be the tusk. Prob not gonna be for a lil while though.

Sorry, its getting late and im tired.. Heres a pic.

Attachments

• image-1224723578.jpg
    image-1224723578.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 104
Huma aka Picasso's are my favorite! Mine is the most personable and entertaining! I Love my Huma!!!!!

Then I don't blame him for getting another! Probably the best fish all around!

Long story time.
I have a Stealth 100w heater that came with my tank. As i pointed out several pages ago it shorted out and shocked me real good one day. I took it into work because i knew that i could get a recall replacement for it (or so i thought) turns out i was only gonna get 11-12 dollars in store credit for the heater. Obviously i said no and decided to contact marineland directly. Well after 10 days of no response to my email i called them. After 5 minutes on the phone, i now have a brand new visi-therm heater being shipped to me, completely and 100% free of charge. Lesson is, dont ever settle for one answer. ;)

huma-huma said:
Long story time.
I have a Stealth 100w heater that came with my tank. As i pointed out several pages ago it shorted out and shocked me real good one day. I took it into work because i knew that i could get a recall replacement for it (or so i thought) turns out i was only gonna get 11-12 dollars in store credit for the heater. Obviously i said no and decided to contact marineland directly. Well after 10 days of no response to my email i called them. After 5 minutes on the phone, i now have a brand new visi-therm heater being shipped to me, completely and 100% free of charge. Lesson is, dont ever settle for one answer. ;)

You're lucky you only had to wait 5 minutes! I called them TWICE each time waiting for about 15 minutes! After my THIRD attempt to get a hold of them and waiting 20 minutes I hung up and posted on their site in that little question area. I got a response a few days later just to find out that I had to call someone else to get what I needed. :( I'm glad that you got a hold of them though!! :)

Oh wow... Yeah i must say that my experience with them was great. I got a few more pieces of the plumbing today. The problem ive realized is that my return bulkheads have 2 different input sizes to them (one has a built in barb fitting and one doesnt) so naturally i have to piece together something from next to nothing. Im going to run 1" piping off the return pump, then split it to 2-3/4" flex lines.

Alright im getting some plumbing laid out and sorted. Heres what i got so far. Obviously its just a mock up. The black flex hosing will be shorted up as needed. And the ball valve will be installed.
Also i need to find the second coupling to my t-split.

Attachments

• image-1809380470.jpg
    image-1809380470.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-240393156.jpg
    image-240393156.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 78
Update time!! Other than an algae issue, tank is doing lovely. (dont have an RO unit yet) the triggers have finally calmed down and accepted eachother. Although a pecking order has been established. Anytime the triggers are hanging out together, if the picasso doesnt want the niger around, he simply towards face to face with him and the niger instantly turns away and swims 4-6 inches away.

Back
Top Bottom