125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here they are

Attachments

• image-2079280234.jpg
    image-2079280234.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 233
  • image-168999241.jpg
    image-168999241.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 239
still waiting on the caulerpa to finish growing out, then i will be trading my buddy for a return pump. after which i will be able to fully setup the refugium and ill be good to go!!

just got in from an hours drive to a new (to us) fish store.def pleased with their selection. didnt have quite the variety of sw that we hoped for but it was still good. as for fw, wow they have every known fw fish.in the end, after about 2 hours in the store, we left with the following
sw-
1-fuzzy dwarf lionfish (swore i wouldnt but for some reason i love them now)
1- valentini puffer ( old ladies choice)
1- hakari frozen krill
and some fw fish for the 72g guppy tank.
spent $80 all said and done so it wasnt too bad.
working on getting pics uploaded.

** fish have been drip acclimated and added**
valentini didnt even get noticed once, one damsel tail smacked the lion twice, and the picasso soft nibbled on him once, since then they have been perfectly fine

update- puffer seems to be doing ok, although he is very timid and passive, he does swim out in the open and is eating. the lion is still hiding nonstop.i coaxed him out into open water for a bit earlier. he seemed to not be too scared. hopefully he gets accustomed to the scenery and starts coming out. will be uploading pics in a few hours.

center rock scape. once my refugium is finalized and running properly, the heater will be down below.
556841_4935388828723_1199880169_n.jpg

looking left from the center.
28082_4935368748221_93348920_n.jpg

different angle on the center rocks.
380924_4935350067754_1569211957_n.jpg

looking right from center
29635_4935338147456_1151515928_n.jpg

tried to snap a pic or two of the lion, after lights went out he decided to cruise the tank.

valentini didnt make it:( woke up yesterday to him swimming erratically and about 2 hours later he was dead. no physical damage and no signs of sickness that i could see. tested the water and trates are at 20. im chalking it up to just a sick fish from the get go. the lion is still alive and well, although i cant seem to get him to eat. ive attempted frozen krill, pellets, and even a feeder rosy. nothing. will try again tomorrow.

Hey Huma-Huma,

Your tank is coming along nicely. Can I ask you a question a bit unrelated?

You said that you helped a friend set up a 180 that came with some fish. You also mentioned it came with a parrot fish. Can you tell me how he is doing with that parrot fish, and what kind it is? (Color?)

Reason I ask, is that I have never known anyone to have successfully kept a Parrot for any reasonable amount of time. This sounds like it could be a Parrot that someone else had for some time and I am interested to know what it is eating, how big it is, and how it's doing?

Thank you for the compliment. I cant remember what type it was but ill def talk to him and get as much info as possible

Lionfish is eating steady now! Tested my levels the other day.
Ammo-0
Trites-0
Trates-10-20
Ph-8.2
I forget hardness and alk, but consisering its a fowlr, they arent of utmost importance. Purple coralline is slowly spreading. As for the info on the parrotfish, havent heard anything from him

Its been 9 days since my last update. Sad news:( the valentini puffer has died:( dont know why because he wasnt beat up, he looked healthy and was eating up until he died. Everyone else is still doing great. The lion has now associated me with eating, he shoots up to the front top when i come over to feed. Hes also gotta slightly bigger and ive noticed that at night time he cruises out in the open more now. Hopefully he will get comfortable enough to come out during the day. Next up stock wise is either te aussie tusk or a sailfin. Im attempting to hold out for a desjardini but idk. Im looking at the following to round out my stock list.
Aussie tusk
Sailfin (desjar or regular)
Blonde naso tang
Puffer (valentini)
2-3 gobies (prob 1 tiger wardi and 2 others)
Thatll leave me at this

2-triggers (picasso and niger)
1- clown (snowflake)
2- damsels (prob leaving soon)
1- fuzzy dwarf
2- tangs
1 - puffer
2-3 gobies
1-aussie tusk

Thats 10 fish and 2-3 gobies. Keep in mind these are all juvenile fish so they are starting out small. I have a 55g for my refugium and an oversized skimmer. I feel that this stocklist is decent for a well-equipped 125. Any thoughts?

To many fish.. That naso will get big in now time. Look at my guy... Lol. The triggers to. I'd bring it down a couple of fish. I got a 180g and the salfin and naso are really taking up room. One is going in the new 180g.

blah... before owning the 125,if someone would have told me having 10 fish in a 125 is too much, id say they are insane. guess i have to deal with it. thank you for the input though. hows everything going on your end?

blah... before owning the 125,if someone would have told me having 10 fish in a 125 is too much, id say they are insane. guess i have to deal with it. thank you for the input though. hows everything going on your end?

Doing great... Just slowly repairing and getting the other 180g up.

thatsgreat to hear bud! hopefully its coming along smoothly. dont have a cell phone right now but when i do get around to grabbing another one ill shoot you a few pics. but only if you send some back my way.

as for my 125. everyones doing great. still dont have a return pump yet, so im running my skimmer pump as a return for now. im currently battling a cyano and algae bloom( due to me not using rodi). all is well though because im going to be purchasing a BRS rodi unit next month. tired of constantly dealing with this algae problem. (for those of you that were around for my first 125 build thread youll remember). so hopefully the rodi will solve that issue.

It should solve it. And as far as my 180g, I just bought another one. I'll upload pictures as I set it up next week. I still need sand, LR, and return pump.

could you kindly stop buying 180's like they are going out of style? lol send me one if you dont mind

could you kindly stop buying 180's like they are going out of style? lol send me one if you dont mind

You could have the cracked one. Just gotta replace the glass. Basically put another piece on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom