125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angel is dead:( not sure as to the cause but im going to look into it. suffice it to say I think this is a sign. I was going to look into another full size angel as the "show" fish but I have decided to look elsewhere. so far on the list is either an Aussie harlequin tusk, flame angel. I would prefer to have something that's an open water swimmer, reaches 8-10" and has some bright warmer colors. any suggestions?

oh and pics are being uploaded in 2 minutes;)

484799_10200725697891008_1029945386_n.jpg

Your LT is going to get big. I'd stick with the tusk and flame. Maybe a blue tang or magnificent foxface.

don't want to do the blue tang only because im too scared of an ich outbreak. I know that its crazy for me to think that but it feels like everytime I log onto AA, theirs a new member with Hippo Tang induced ich. Bought a pack of emerald feast, and some food booster (cant remember the name) the lfs we go to suggested mixing all our food together into a paste of sorts, then feeding. I put a small bit together for tomorrows feeding. everyone is doing great and adjusting to the new active tank lifestyle. the LT and yellow tang have become best friends and oddly enough, the trigger tries to join them lol.

the food paste was a complete success, aside from me putting too much in. every last fish came out and ate (the grouper ate, and the lion even came out). so needless to say ill be sticking to that approach for the foreseeable future. Caulerpa seems to be taking hold in the refugium, kinda hard to tell at this point but hopefully itll start taking off after awhile. anybody have a decent light schedule for my refugium lights? I was planning on running a reverse light cycle, but I also thought about running them 24/7

ive been tossing around the idea of attempting an invert, my niger trigger has never really picked on anyone or bullied anyone. we picked up an Emerald crab yesterday and added him to the tank, so far so good. id really like to be able to keep a coral banded shrimp, but im not spending 30-40 bucks on one just to watch him disappear.

Thank you for the info space lord, unfortunately the invert trial didn't go well... The crab did fine that night but I haven't seen him since that day. We also acquired our show piece fish recently and she has taken very well to the tank. Not gonna give it away yet but it is an angel. Also, due to issues with mechanical fixtures, I had to put the maroon clown into the dt, didn't see h for a few days and then he came darting out one day for food... Tough lil bugger. I'll upload current pics either tonight or tm

apparently we just aren't meant to have an expensive fish. woke up this morning to my angel hiding and breathing heavy, wont eat (whch she eats like a pig) and laying against the rocks....don't expect her to be alive by tonight;(( don't even know if I should put her in a 10g of fresh sw or just let her go

Decided to put the angel out of her misery. She was swimming into the rocks, upside down, gills fully extended and rigid. :( this sucks, was really growing on me

Plus he was in in a easy spot to get to. Didn't want to run the risk of him burying himself in a hole an having to tear apart the entire tank.

Plus he was in in a easy spot to get to. Didn't want to run the risk of him burying himself in a hole an having to tear apart the entire tank.

I'm sorry brother. After I just lost my 2 lions and puffer not doing to good, I'm not in a good place myself.

Woke up to a dead lionfish. Idk whats going on but im highly upset. Im not gonna deal with a huge dieoff again. Rodi unit is running to top off my container then ill do a big water change

Woke up to a dead lionfish. Idk whats going on but im highly upset. Im not gonna deal with a huge dieoff again. Rodi unit is running to top off my container then ill do a big water change

Welcome to the club.... Not sure what's up.

after some time, and calming down, im back to normal again. I know ill just have to ride this out and replace whatever livestock I lose. not a big deal. gonna do a water change again tonight, even though my trates are at 40. and not adding anything for several weeks. Gonna let the system stabilize itself first then go from there

Im back!! I know its been a few months but this tank is still evolving and growing. Some losses have come and gone (really big ones actually) and theres still improvements being made. Lights are off for the night but i will have up to date photos for the morning. Im also getting a gopro cam that ill be setting up in tank for a few days to hopefully get some amazing new shots of the fish!!

Back
Top Bottom