125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also forgot to mention that we had a few casualities over the past few months. We first lost our yellow tang, then our blueface angel got sick and died, taking the dwarf lion with him :( alot of money down the drain

Hes about the length of my iphone ( if thats a good comparison) he was insanely shy for about 2-3 months, wouldnt even come out to eat, darted if a fish got too close etc, but now he hangs out in the spot in the pics. Hes usually about 5-6 inches out of the rockwork. And absolutely gprgeous fish.

Agreed with how beautiful they are. Always wanted one once I learned of their existence. Mine is starting to come out more. A month ago I was surprised it was still alive when I saw it. Now it is a couple times a week seeing it. Growing as it ages will help a ton too.

As part of the update, heres the current stock list as of today.

1- niger trigger
1- lieutenant tang
2- clownfish (1 snowflake, 1 maroon)
1- dragon wrasse
1-banded dragon goby
2- blue devil damsels

Still planning on getting another tang (prob a yellow again) and a dwarf lion. Damsels are on a probationary stay. Wanted another trigger too but after the battle we went through to acclimate the maroon to the other clown, im not dealing with that

Sniperhank said:
Agreed with how beautiful they are. Always wanted one once I learned of their existence. Mine is starting to come out more. A month ago I was surprised it was still alive when I saw it. Now it is a couple times a week seeing it. Growing as it ages will help a ton too.

He will continue to gradually show more and more. Mine just started hangin out outside the rockwork about 2-3 weeks ago. Seems to be eating healthy too

Thank you for reading!! After the loss of the blue face angel and fuzzy dwarf, ive kinda been holding steady. The rest of the fish are doing great. Plan on adding more fish in another month pr so. Gonna be adding another fuzzy dwarf, a tang of some sorts(prob a yellow or naso tang). The only plans i have build wise is to get this skimmer finally fixed and upgrade the lighting to led.

Most def. i mean its not gonna be 100% diy (gonna buy from rapidled.com) but it will still require some handwork. In a huge diy fan mainly for the simple fact that with about 75% of the products in question, you can build one yourself thats more affordable and even better in some cases. We may or may not venture into the coral side eventually, but that will be after the leds

Decided to do a 50g pwc about 4-5 days ago. Tank has responded well to it.
First fts is before the cleaning (notice the overflows and powereads)
Second and third shots are from today, so 3-4 days after.

Attachments

• image-1186092258.jpg
    image-1186092258.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image-420258137.jpg
    image-420258137.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image-3102306938.jpg
    image-3102306938.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 128
Also forgot to mention that we had a few casualities over the past few months. We first lost our yellow tang, then our blueface angel got sick and died, taking the dwarf lion with him :( alot of money down the drain

That sux.... Touch wood i havnt lost any yet ?

Cichlidjon said:
Looks good! How'd you get those power heads so clean?

Same here, vinegar soak for a few hours then i use a hard bristle toothbrush to scrub the crap off. The powerheads have always been one pf my biggest eye sores when dirty in the tank. I really wish i could run the tank without them

Back
Top Bottom