125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just downloaded the AquaPlanner app on my iphone about an hour or so ago. I believe I have a majority of it completed, will wait till later today to finish it up 100%. even have reminders set for every single cleaning/maintenance issue needed. just wish there was a food section.....

redsea said:
Nice fish, Huma! :)

Thank you:) its really more of an evolution of our stock list thats occuring. Its actually nice to not have a ton of money available because we then have time to actually research and watch our prospective choices. Came home today to my return pump spittin microbubbles like crazy, seems i forgot to top off the tank. (oops) only problem is now my pump is spitting a burst of microbubbles every 10-15 seconds... Just put in an 8 hour shift at work and literally fresh out of the shower, now i gotta climb halfway into my refugium to figure this out.

I do have one question, think i should throw some CUC into my refugium?? I know that they help with detritus and the such but i cant put them in the dt. Would they still be beneficial down below?

Ive already got caulerpa in there. Its growing but its pretty slow. Actually really slow. I havent had to cut any out at all since i put it in there, and that was months ago. I have a dual t5 fixture on it too

Ive already got caulerpa in there. Its growing but its pretty slow. Actually really slow. I havent had to cut any out at all since i put it in there, and that was months ago. I have a dual t5 fixture on it too

He ours you leave it on?

Ive heard different things from hobbyists. Some people tell me to run reverse cycle, some tell me to run them 24/7, others say 12 on 12 off. I tried running reverse but the caulerpa wasnt responding any differently then it was under 24/7 lighting

Thats what ive been running for the past 2/3 months. I mean it is growing, just at a snails pace. I thought this stuff was a fast growing invasive plant

Aquaplanner alerts are set as follows,
Scrape glass: 3 days
Clean filter socks:4 days
Clean Skimmer:14 days
Water Change:14 days
Clean Powerheads:30 days
Clean Light Splash Guard:30 days
Clean Heaters:30 days
Change Refugium Light:180 days

let me know how this schedule looks to you

Aquaplanner alerts are set as follows,
Scrape glass: 3 days
Clean filter socks:4 days
Clean Skimmer:14 days
Water Change:14 days
Clean Powerheads:30 days
Clean Light Splash Guard:30 days
Clean Heaters:30 days
Change Refugium Light:180 days

let me know how this schedule looks to you

I do water changes every 3 days. Filter socks when they are over filling, skimmer every week, glass as needed. Just me.

A pwc every 3 days?? Is that a typo? I dont think ive ever seen someone do water changes so frequently. (not saying its bad or wrong, just never seen it) im going to lower the skimmer down to every week. I get about 5-6 days out of the socks before they start getting backed up, so i want to stay ahead of that. Glass is same situation. I dont want any algae/coralline on anything but my rocks. I know alot of salties let their overflows and equipment take on the algae/ natural look but i cant stand it personally. Of course over the next 2 months or so im going to move dates in or out as needed. Thank you for sharing your schedule. Itll help me to reference mine

I do two 10lt changes a week. But i dont have sump or skimmer.

And every 2 weeks i fully clean my canister filtre and replace white pads so theres another 10 lt. I hate dirty powerheads too huma. Doing mine this friday.

Thank you for sharing ashley:) whats everyones feelings on a blonde naso in a 125?? LA says 180 but 1) theres no width difference between my 125 and a 180 and 2) im running about 140-150g total volume. I think its doable

Thank you for sharing ashley:) whats everyones feelings on a blonde naso in a 125?? LA says 180 but 1) theres no width difference between my 125 and a 180 and 2) im running about 140-150g total volume. I think its doable

It's gonna suck up your whole tank. Mine was big for the 180g

Back
Top Bottom