125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazon order is placed,marine depot is ordered. Getting ready to order the jebao. Awaiting a return email about the leds. I have to choose between either the leds or the controller. I was going to get them but 1) they may not cone in for a few weeks and 2) we arent really going to hit the coral expedition hard until we have some time built up with better water quality. So im going to wait till monday to order either one monday.

Holy crap! Fish street just sent me an email telling me the wp40 has shipped. They dont play around. So ironically enough, out of the 3 orders i placed yesterday, they are all arriving at various times. The amazon and marine depot orders will be here by wed-thursday. Fish street sometime prob next weekend or beginning o that week, then if i order the apex, itll be here thursday-friday, the leds (if ordered) will be sometime the following week

Blah... Couldnt resist. Placed the order for the blue dot jawfish and blue face angel. Guess i best build those screen tops real quick

I'm getting ready to plumb my 240g and I like that layout for the water changes. I think I will copy your idea and see how it works. Love that I saw this before I began!

TheTodd said:
I'm getting ready to plumb my 240g and I like that layout for the water changes. I think I will copy your idea and see how it works. Love that I saw this before I began!

I was even debating on if i should just plumb a drain pipe up and out my window. Wouldnt have to lift a single buket of old water.

Sniperhank said:
Lucky man!

Extremely lucky!! Also picked up an unopened 200g box of IO today for $30. Pics so you cant say im lying ;)

(actually ill have to try again, keeps telling me theres an error

fish are here!!! blue dot looks like he is stressing a lil bit but not too bad. Angel looks fat and great! angel kind of has a hybrid look to him, his the black with blue stripes, but when you looks closely, theres yellow and blue coming through. unfortunately lost my phone yesterday while shopping so ill have to take photos with the camera for awhile. pics as soon as I sort out these fish and stuff. powerhead isn't gonna be here today (don't know why I said it would) itll prob be here next week.

extremely fast update!! fish are set in and im getting ready to attempt feeding for the first time. although I ordered them together, the 200g salt mix and test kits shipped separately. however after checkin both their tracking numbers, they should all be here by end of day today. the WP40 hasn't left hong kong yet (im sad). so being that our 2 fish have come in, the only one left is the mandarin, then we are done (fishwise)

Can't wait to see the blue dot.

What kind of mandarin are you going to try? I do enjoy mine, but he is so small. I thought that they were all that small until my lfs got greens in that we're as large as my thumb. It then made sense toe how easy it is for them to crush a pod population. I always knew they could, just had trouble visualizing how one as small as mine could do so even with him picking around all day long.

really crappy photos, but I didn't notice until now and they are in the tank now...
1240619_10201895828383539_158578952_n.jpg

1229929_10201895831383614_2008104161_n.jpg

and sniper, we are going with the green mandarin (guess its the most common one idk) I wanted a red or even spotted but its her choice.
on another note, the screen covers are built and on the tank!!! and let me say, they are tight.

now I can sleep at peace at night knowing our $100 blue-dot jawfish cant jump ship. well him and the wrasse, but Im not too worried about the wrasse. both test kits AND the box of salt arrived! my front porch looked like a UPS business delivery yard today. unfortunately the skimmer wont be here til Friday, which means I wont be able to get my hands on it till sunday night. (crap) at which point the jebao will hopefully either be here or close. I really just want to experiment with the controller

now I can sleep at peace at night knowing our $100 blue-dot jawfish cant jump ship. well him and the wrasse, but Im not too worried about the wrasse. both test kits AND the box of salt arrived! my front porch looked like a UPS business delivery yard today. unfortunately the skimmer wont be here til Friday, which means I wont be able to get my hands on it till sunday night. (crap) at which point the jebao will hopefully either be here or close. I really just want to experiment with the controller

I really just want your tank at this point. Whats ur address and when wont you be home?

Attachments

• image-295551175.jpg
    image-295551175.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 142
Great idea. Love the setup with your plumbing I did the same thing for water changes but don't have the new sw line. I like to full the sump and let it go to the display slowly so did not run that line.
Quick pic.
image-2339875219.jpg

Ashley73 said:
I really just want your tank at this point. Whats ur address and when wont you be home?

My address is on the front of my house;) and this weekend lol. Thank you for the compliment :) its always refreshing to hear good things about ones own tank, reminds us we are doing something right.

As for the similar plumbing setup, i like the look of it and the thought that i can minimize the unnecessary work. Since i cant have a fish room behind the tank, i can atleast cut back as much as possible right?

Back
Top Bottom