125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you thank you. This is our second attempt at the blue face. Random death the first time around

picked up a bag of hikari marine a pellet food... On clearance at Petco for $3. Figured why not and while at the dollar store grabbing some odds and ends, i decided to pick up felt door stops for the stand, and an assortment of plastic adhesive hooks. The thought never occurred to me that if i stuck a few pf those hooks on the left side of my refugium, i could hang my syphon and drip acclimating hoses.. So now everything is properly sorted and stored under the tank. Going to give my test kits a try now so i should have some numbers in a bit

Ammo-0
Trites-0
Trates-15
Temp-75 (already contacted marineland)
Salinity-1.025
Calcium-720
Phos-.5
Kh- 11
Ph-8.1

Greenstreet.1 said:
All the best with him.

Thank you. I chalked the first loss up to bad luck, so hopefully this one goes a bit better. Bring as to how i have 400g of salt mix, a new skimmer, a decent set of test kits, i feel my odds of maintaining a stable environment are greater

And surprisingly enough, mag is one of the few tests i didnt get in either of these kits... Smh

Yeah thats on the list of next purchases. Plus id like to figure out an ato setup somehow. Trying to think of how i can utilize the space behind my refuium for that

See id love to do that but i really dont want to have any operating equipment outside the footprint of the tank. Theres prob a 5-6" gap on the left side between wall and tank, if i could find a decent sized plastic container, id squeeze it in there. All in all, wherever i put it, im only going to have enough space for a few gallons. 6 if im lucky

Huma- how is your wp40 working out? Is that the only power head you have on the tank? I just ordered 2 wp25's for $100. I hope I like them. I've heard great things about them all. Your tank is coming along nicely.

SaltwaterNuB said:
Huma- how is your wp40 working out? Is that the only power head you have on the tank? I just ordered 2 wp25's for $100. I hope I like them. I've heard great things about them all. Your tank is coming along nicely.

Havent gotten my hands on it yet. It is going to be run alongside my 2 evo 750's until i can order another wp40 (pending if i like it or not) ive heard that the build quality is a bit iffy but their performance is solid. Im sure ill throw my 2 cents in once i get some time with it. And thank you for the compliment :) i can honestly say that its come a very long way since i bought this setup and i feel as though my maturity as a saltie is reflected in the tank now.

Havent gotten my hands on it yet. It is going to be run alongside my 2 evo 750's until i can order another wp40 (pending if i like it or not) ive heard that the build quality is a bit iffy but their performance is solid. Im sure ill throw my 2 cents in once i get some time with it. And thank you for the compliment :) i can honestly say that its come a very long way since i bought this setup and i feel as though my maturity as a saltie is reflected in the tank now.

Some of the utube videos of the wavemakers are insane. I'm going to see how I like the 2 25's. If they're not enough ill add 2 hydor 1400's, then eventually get 2 40's. Post a fts!

My ATO is a 12v sol valve that is triggered by my reef keeper float switch. I have not hooked everything up yet but do you see any flaws in doing that. It is coming straight from my rodi.

No not at all a lot of people do it that way also. Reason why I did not is the tank is on the other side of the laundry room but we just got the home when I'm done redoing the man cave one of my rodi lines will be ran to my sump as the ato.

I personally wouldnt run a direct line from the rodi to the tank. I dont like the idea that if something were to go wrong (float switch comes loose, malfunctions etc) you have a neverending supply of water that could start filling your tank. Having a 5-10g dedicated to ato, even if something goes wrong, its only going to put 5-10g into the dt.

About to do a pwc, prob going to do 10-15% this time given the lvls. Im going to do a photoshoot tm during the day when everyone is up. Should turn in some awesome shots!!

Back
Top Bottom