125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SaltwaterNuB said:
You're in quite the dilemma. Lol, I'd keep them for backups

I want to but a) i promised the fiance if i ordered another wp40 that id sell the evos to pay for it and b) i truthfully dont see a need to have 2 powerheads laying around, id rather sell them and let someone else enjoy them instead of them drying out and ruining the impellers. Idl what the going price is for these evos so im gonna look it up and see. If i can sell both of them and pay for another wp40, thats wht ill do. Id like to get 6-10 months of use on the wp40 but i cant wait that long and plus im fairly confident that these will hold up

the wp40 next to the evo 750. not too much difference but noticeable.
1374252_10201961497865235_1582071688_n.jpg

I mounted the controller on the left side front of the stand. I really wanted the controller on the front side but needed it somewhere dry, the left side of the tank usually doesn't get too wet, planning on making some sort of splash shield for it.

935952_10201961497025214_1302535034_n.jpg

Ashley73 said:
Ok fine then send me the 2 'evo's ill have them, but just this once ok.

You are such a caring individual. I cant believe you'd do me the favor of taking these evos off me. Its 2 less things i have to worry about lol. Im pretty sure im going to sell them for $50 for both. Was hoping to be able to pay for another wp40 but thts not happening.

Wp40 is doing great! After a few days ive gotten used to its size, doesnt bother me now. I do have a few complaints about it but they are minor. 1) i wish there was a dedicated on/off button. 2) the lock button should completely lock the entire controller, not just the speed (i can still change the duration and mode) 3) i wish there was a 2 stage programmable mode that would allow me to set a day mode and night mode , of which it would switch between according to the light sensor and finally 4) what good does this light sensor actually do?? I cant ever tell if its working or not. All in all it has some shortcomings but for the price and options it offers, im completely ok with it and prob will order another as soon as i can

Night sensor just slows down the flow that is all.the little light turns a different color when it's on . I don't use them one mine I just either keep them both on else mode or one on else and the other on w1.

Yeah ive been keeping mine on w1 s1 with the duration at about 75%. makes a decent sized wave without wrecking the place. Ive never noticed mine changing or reducing power at night, and my livingroom is pretty dark at night. I just tried covering up the sensor and it didnt do anything. Does it take awhile before activating?

No as soon as the sensor is covered it should switch unless there is another source of light in the room keeping it on normal mode. What kind of lighting is it under? High powered lights fry the sensors quick . It really doesn't make the least bit of difference to your fish if you use it or not .

Its sitting on the front left side of my stand. I covered it with my finger for a good 2 minutes while in w1 and the waves didnt change at all. Didnt notice any light changes either. Im not too concerned with it as i switch to h3s3 at night

Yea sounds like the sensor might be bad. Seems like you got the second generation wp40s. I have the original version but I have been thinking about getting the new controllers .

Oh well lol. Not a huge deal breaker. Yeah fish street luckily had the 2nd gens available. I cant remember the difference between gens

well after a few phone calls to live Aquaria, (screw up on both my part and LA) I have a $99 credit for the blue dot... the fiancé and I sit down to pick out a replacement fish for the tank, we settled on one fairly quickly, as Im checking out, I notice that LA is wanting $34 for shipping... I qualified for free shipping on the initial order so why should I have to pay shipping to use my $99 credit?? another phone call and brief pause for supervisor approval later and I have free shipping. the price came to $143.99 (cost of shiping included) I finished the phone call not only not having to give a form of payment, but I have a $3 credit still on my account.... numerous people have told me that LA has excellent customer service... until now ive never tested it. ill be the first to admit that I was never a huge fan of online fish purchases...but I will go back to LA as often as possible. they were amazing and didn't hesitate to help out. as for what fish we got...youll have to wait till Tuesday. its a bit of a gamble, but we really think its going to pay off. everything else is running great, WP40 still impressing, and doing a full water test later today.

whoops....left my RODI unit on for 3 days.... yikes. just ordered a replacement filter kit from BRS... may go back and toss in an auto shutoff unit. I keep forgetting its on.

yeah I need to figure something out. I shouldn't have to replace my cartridges already. stupid mistake

Back
Top Bottom