125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good huma. :)

Love the mandarin shot, looks so colorful! And your water is so clear. Very nice job. :)

Thank you Red!! Only reason i take photos with it is because it does capture decent amount of detail on the fish

Have the next 3 days off so im itching to do something with the tank. I know i need to do a pwc before monday. Perhaps ill pull the skimmer and disassemble to inspect it

Collection cup- 5-7 days
Inside skimmer body wall- 2 weeks
Complete disassemble and cleaning- 6 months

Atleast thats the schedule i prefer

Also anything thats magnetically shaft driven should be taken apart atleast 2 times a year to check for scoring or damage. I just had a koralia evo seize up and fry because the magnet swelled up

I'm thinking my issue stems from my pump and that it might need cleaned weekly. No clue why. I don't clean my collection cup unless I'm cleaning the whole unit.

See i cant stand the dirty collection cup. Actually
Ill upload a photo of the skimmate before i dump it. I just cleaned it 5 days ago. Ill be getting the auto neck scrubber at some point. What skimmer is it? I cant imagine a skimmer pump needing disassembled every week. Youd break the ceramic shaft pretty quickly

I literally just threw my iphone because i tried 3 times to google search that skimmer and it was giving me stupid answers.... Ohhh apple

One thing I need to do is shut down the sump and clean it. Still gunk in there from when I was 'filter sock'-less. I still firmly believe pantyhose are a life saver.

One thing I need to do is shut down the sump and clean it. Still gunk in there from when I was 'filter sock'-less. I still firmly believe pantyhose are a life saver.
i need to do something. I'm hovering at 40-60 treated and idk. Good news is 1) I finally updated to ios7 2) I created a photbucket account 3) I broke down the entire skimmer 4) now it's squeaky clean!! Only thing I noticed is that the sp2000 pump impeller has a completely exposed magnet.... Idk how I feel about that

img_2745024_0_6559622cdc7dea95f6a96e6c8b13b562.jpg

Back
Top Bottom