125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have those red skirted ones you got. They grow like a weed in my tank. I started with a pretty small frag maybe 15-20 polyps and I probably have close to 150 a year later.

please do snipe! i absolutely LOVE zoas!! the leftmost group of zoas actually has 2 different color variants in that one group, but now im a victim of the "my camera doesnt do the corals justice" issue. they glow soo bright its amazing! ive notice that even a lil bit of color is popping on the corals ive had for several months, which have mostly lost their colors. im hoping the ones i have will bounce back now that i have decent lighting for themm

They'll come back. Zoas are pretty crazy when it comes to being resilient. I had my bam bams on the corpse of my old torch coral and it got over run with the red hair algae going on in my display. I took the whole thing out and scrubbed it to death in old tank water. Algae -0 Orange bam bams - 1.

yeah i learned that pretty quickly lol. the initial zoa frag we had actually fell down into a crevice between 2 rocks, in a shdaed area. we found it prob 2 months later and it was actually growing and spreading! so needless to say ive left it as close as possible to that location. only thing i want is to get a mixture of all the zoas i have onto 1 single rock so that way they will intermix.

see im just extremely anxious! i want to have a huge zoa garden right now! but i is nice to know that 6 months from now ill have some decent sized colonies growing (well hopefully lol)

the Apex is officially remote accessible!! now all i need to do is add a webcam to watch the tank, and a few module add-ons! Its nice to know that ive successfully sorted out (well the Neptune expert did actually) one of the harder setups with the Neptune. may possibly be picking up a rose bubble tip anemone tm night. not too sure though. still working through the details with the seller. good news is that he currently has them under a 120w led fixture... so heres to hoping

he wants $80 and says it opens up to roughly 5-6" so id be ok with that. i kinda feel like im taking a risk because i really want it so that my clowns will hopefully host it (i know its not a guarantee) but theres always a chance it may just crawl into a crevice and take up residence there....

heres to hoping right? got some good and sad news. the good news is that both my salt mix, and my BRS order came in! the sad news? that was the last of the upgrade..... im REALLY fighting the urge to buy more stuff for the tank but i simply cant spend more money on this tank right now. the breakout box and stuff will come in time. heres a quick FTS with just the blues on.
yes its blurry, my screen is severely cracked on my iphone, therefore its hard for me to see the pic quality.
1798721_10203059140745621_2105237801_n.jpg

BRS 150 gpd upgrade kit is installed! now all i have left to do is a water change... im getting there slowly lol.

lil mini update, the purple and yellow are now best friends!!! all i can hope for at this point is for them both to live long happy lives:) i am NOT going through that again thats for sure

oh and i also wanted to mention that i moved both WP40 controllers back behind the sump in the center section, on the wall. i can easily reach them and when the doors are closed it keeps them well hidden. really just need to re-route all the cables to clean them up and remove the other remaining surge protector that is still mounted on the wall.

quick question. ive been watching my pH levels and they seem to flucuate between 7.97-8.07. i believe this is a bit low but its been a pretty predictable and steady swing. is this ok>?

Back
Top Bottom