125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoas are doing great!! got them all down on the sandbed in the center front. they are all on their own lil pieces of rock. my intentions are to hopefully get them to grow out onto the rocks themselves, they i can frag off and mix them to get some good mixture of colors. then move them elsewhere in the tank.

youd think after being around AA for a few years id remember that lol.

1978804_10203100576221482_516344018_n.jpg

just stumbled across a new in box bubble magus 220a skimmer!! emailed the seller to see if its available. i REALLY like my current BM skimmer but i wouldnt mind getting a good deal on an upgrade lol

seller never returned my email, couldnt even bother to tell me it was already sold. so i still have the curve 7.

So I got sick and tired of washing filter socks every 2 days and the Niagara Falls sound I was getting from the socks. Stopped at Home Depot and bought a few PVC pieces, I now have a dead silent tank. Took some db readings to see. Here's the results
Dead quiet room w/ everything off-30db
Whites only- 33.5
Whites and blues-33.5 (fans only kick on with whites)
Just return pump- 50db
Everything on- 58.5db

From my couch, I registered a 44.5db with everything on.
I can hear a splash or two every so often, but other than that, it doesn't drown out the tv anymore

Right side is running full syphon, so I just ran a new PVC pipe completely submerged. Left side is a stockman/gurgle buster style but it only picks up the lil variations in flow, I ran it down to about 3" off the water, put in a 90, then a t split, one side going into water, other has a holed cap on it.

thats my only problem, maybe i need to try pantyhose. i just know that im tired of cleaning those stupid socks every two days.

Yeah at this point I don't really need something to catch every single little thing, just something to catch the physical debris

wow, never really fully realized just how much the tank has changed, until i took similar photos a year apart.

1798479_10203160112629855_1935411481_n.jpg

due to my son spending the entire night puking, i decided to stay home from work with him today. know what that means? time to do some tank work! gonna clean the glass/overflows, clean the skimmer, blow off the powerheads, move some sand around, and feed the fish and anemone. ! here goes nothing!

Back
Top Bottom