125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soo i have yet to email marineland about replacing my heater. (ugh) maybe ill send them a pic of my wrist too so they feel bad. Got the seeded rock home and into the 55 to hooefully seed the other rock. Checked out the nice royal purple coralline-covered rock my boss gave me and found out it had 4-5 serpant starfish on it ( score!!) unfortunately 2-3 have died, but i have found atleast one alive . Heres to hoping they survive

I cant remember if i have asked already or not and my AA app isnt cooperating so ill ask again. I cant decide on a skimmer.. I REALLY like the Diablo cone skimmers and Aqua-c jnjection skimmers, but they are slightly pricey.. My job sells the G series skimmers (which are a bit cheaper than the other 2) my question is, do i spend the extra dollars and go with the diablo or aqua-c , or is the performance advantages not worth it??

huma-huma said:
Soooo you should sell me your skimmer.. Just saying lol. Starting to form my stock list. These ones listed below are absolute musts.. Ill add to as i go

1-black volitan lion
1-aussie harlequin tusk
1-huma-huma trigger
1-niger trigger
1- engineer goby
2- fancy perculas

Yes i know that i have 4 big fish but idc... My filtration will handle it just fine:) any suggestions or some accesory fish

Awesome to have you back! I just found the thread and it's great you're starting up another tank. I love the stocklist but the only problem I see is the Humu trigger and lionfish. I don't know if you remember or not but I had a volitan lionfish and a Humu for about a year together before the Humu started to nip the lionfish for a week then started to just rip up his fins and tail as well as his dorsal spines. It was terrible. He ended up dying even though I spent $120 worth of Melafix, Pimafix, and Quick Cure because he gained an infection all over his body because of his open wounds. What I'm trying to say is go with a less aggressive trigger like a Pinktail or Bursa Trigger.

Ibrahim said:
Awesome to have you back! I just found the thread and it's great you're starting up another tank. I love the stocklist but the only problem I see is the Humu trigger and lionfish. I don't know if you remember or not but I had a volitan lionfish and a Humu for about a year together before the Humu started to nip the lionfish for a week then started to just rip up his fins and tail as well as his dorsal spines. It was terrible. He ended up dying even though I spent $120 worth of Melafix, Pimafix, and Quick Cure because he gained an infection all over his body because of his open wounds. What I'm trying to say is go with a less aggressive trigger like a Pinktail or Bursa Trigger.

Thank you kind sir:) it is a great feeling to be bak into the AA community. I really want another humu but i am tossing around 2 or 3 other triggers... One being the bursa. Id love to have a crosshatch but there are so expensive. Jesse, i was flipping through the product manual at work and stumbled across the aqua c skimmers... I did some researching on them and i realy like the technology and think itll work better. But if everyone is saying to go the diablo route then i will

I agree with Ibrahim on the triggers . I was going to say that when you first posted your stock list but I figured with you name being huma- huma it was a moot point lol.

Hondatek said:
I agree with Ibrahim on the triggers . I was going to say that when you first posted your stock list but I figured with you name being huma- huma it was a moot point lol.

Lmao he is my favorite trigger... Him and the Niger

Yeah he's my top 3 aswell (First being Crosshatch and third being Queen) but he'll be nothing but trouble. He picked on every fish I had but they were small enough to retreat in between the rocks and as for the lionfish; he is too large to squeeze and hide between crevices do he's easy game.

Jesse, i was flipping through the product manual at work and stumbled across the aqua c skimmers... I did some researching on them and i realy like the technology and think itll work better. But if everyone is saying to go the diablo route then i will
also dont you have to buy the pump separate for the aqua c skimmers?

mike dont think im including you in this mix, your cool. just its a shame that a person cant ask a skimmer question without some sort of "fight" breaking out. like driving a ford mustang to a mopar club. pretty soon no one can be right about anything or have an unbiased opinion. and too often ive seen people start mouthing off about a skimmer they have never owned just because they use brand x. good luck with your search for your skimmer and let us know what you pick out.

just for giggles ill just say i ordered a reef dynamics skimmer last weekend and waiting for it to be delivered. for me it was between a vertex or the smaller version of the diablo that mike recomended, only with a bubble blaster pump. (CV-SRO-1000LSS Premium Aquatics - CV-SRO-1000LSS Aquarium Supplies)

Stick with the Niger. Hell be fine. Also why about a blue jaw???? And I would personally just make your own skimmer. I bought a reef octo nw200 and it was so loud i took it down. I know most arent like this but I decided to make my own and it is awesome. Almost full collection cup of yellow gross water after 2 days. Not even broken in. It foams amazingly. Check out my "DIY skimmer success" in DIY forum for details.

No problem at all twitch. I'll admit I don't know much about other skimmers . The only reason I say go with the diablo is obviously because I have one and I know it skims a cup every two days like clockwork. I believe I read a post from mr x about skimmers. He stated it's all about the pump not really the design of the body.

Just my 0.02: I have as aqua c remora s and I think it's great!! It was a little pricey, and I did have to buy a pump with it, but it works great and it's quiet once it breaks in. :)

Beengirl said:
Just my 0.02: I have as aqua c remora s and I think it's great!! It was a little pricey, and I did have to buy a pump with it, but it works great and it's quiet once it breaks in. :)

Have to agree. I have the aqua c too

I use a Cobalt MJ 1200 pump with mine, ordered it along with aqua c online from marinedepot.com

This is the ASM g-series skimmers my work sells... For the price they are amazing skimmers. The g-5 on our 400g reef show tank pulls the most disgusting dark green skimmate i have ever seen. Thiughts?

Back
Top Bottom