125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think im going to skip the naso. Its really hard to but if we go with the tusk and a different tang itll look just as good

Think im going to skip the naso. Its really hard to but if we go with the tusk and a different tang itll look just as good

My Tusk has such attitude. Was going me big time when i got home from work.

Well my rockscaping is officially ruined. Have to spend an hour or so tomorrow morning fixing it all. Heres the reason why. Wone up this morning at 9:45, i flipped the tabk lights on (timer is off due to changing light schedule) and then got ready to leave the house. After about 20 minutes i glanced at the tank, no trigger, so i decided to make some noise in the tank, still no trigger. Finally i started tearing apart my rockscping in an effort to lpcate the dead fish, couldnt find anything. So with the misses yelling at me to leave (we were late), i ran out the door. Accepting the thought that we lost another fish. After a long day at kennywood (amusement park) we head home to this ordeal. As i approach the tank, guess who comes zooming out of a rock... Yep the still alive trigger. So now i can honestly say that a triggerfish has taught me a valuable sw lesson

Bad news, just found out the hard way that my vertex skimmer pump has a short in it and shocks the living daylights out of me..... Dont know how im gonna get this replaced

Bad news, just found out the hard way that my vertex skimmer pump has a short in it and shocks the living daylights out of me..... Dont know how im gonna get this replaced

Don't replace it. Use a grounding probe. Plugs into a wall socket (grounding socket). It'll still work with no adverse effects.

It was just a thought. Bring as to how we werent planning on inverts, thought a mantis could hsndle his own

have another question for everyone. ive read up on controllers, now I don't have any reactors, dosing pumps, anything of that nature, but It seems as though having a controller would be a good way to have a "nanny" for my tank, if you will. also since I have a jaebo wp40 that will be making its way to me soon, it would be nice to run that through a controller. that being said, I really like the Neptune Apex controllers, but I haven't the slightest clue which one I should go with. the Apex Jr. seems like it would be a great basic controller, but im afraid with the upcoming changes the tank is undergoing (and over the next 6 months) that this setup may outgrow the Jr. that would move me towards the Apex Lite. anybody have any experience with this unit? BRS states that it comes with the digital display module, UNit controller, temp probe and energy-8 bus. I feel as though this would be a good starting point. as I can set it up to overlook my temp and ph levels (if you've been following long enough, youll know I haven't had the best luck with heaters). if you have any knowledge or experience with the Apex controllers, by all means voice your opinions.

Its funny how some people have heater probs some dont. Ive Had fish 20 years, never had a bad heater incident just had a few die suddenly.

Ive gone through 2 heaters (both shocked me) and now my skimmer pump is shorting out and shocks me when i touch the water. I just put a ground prob in so i can touch the dt water without getting shocked, but i may just sell this skimmer and buy a new one, idk. Either way i need a new pump because it still shocks me when i reach into the redugium and plus idk how much power this thing is leaking

I have a RKL (reef keeper lite). Like it, easy to use, and check it on my phone. Also, put the grounding rod in the sump. It'll keep the surge from going to your DT and keep you from shocking yourself.

Back
Top Bottom