125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard Reef Octopus skimmers are really good. I have had several veterans in the past tell me to buy this brand.

Ashley73 said:
I heard Reef Octopus skimmers are really good. I have had several veterans in the past tell me to buy this brand.

Ive been recommended this company by several people. It was between the R.O. And Bubble Magus. They both come highly recommended and have 2 models that land in my range. Im going with magus simply out of looks. I would never recommend picking a piece of equipment in this manner, however they are extremely similar and come equally recommended. They both fit footprint and height wise. So its pretty much a novelty of a choice.

Also, the clown is still hoging this corner and laying on the sand and under a rock. Eating perfectly fine and swims out every so often. Ive noticed that she chases pff anyone that comes near her corner. Shes also put on some size compared to the other clown. Is it possible this is bonding/mating behavior??

The only thing is that i dont really see the maroon spending any time with the other. It tool forever to get they to coexist but after a month or so they finally quit fighting. They have been fine ever since then. Maybe they mate during night, but theres no outward signs that they are bonded

Back from fish day!! Made it out of the store with a $89 total.... Think thats a win in my opinion. (of course i had an $18 member coupon) ended up leaving with a yellow tang, valentini puffer, fish flakes for the fw tank, and two treats for the dogs. Shockingly enough, i found the 200g IO reef crystals box on sale for 49.99. Really wanted to buy it but its not in our budget. Did get a chance to discuss fish ordering. The lady told me that if i let her lnow by early tuesday, she would have them wednesday night.... Same week... 24 hours later... Wow. Oh the tang and puffer are currently drip acclimating as i type this. This leaves us with prob 2-3 more spots to fill. Also going to prob include a blue dot jawfish in our fish order next month

Forgot the pics

Attachments

• image-2854937655.jpg
    image-2854937655.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1192045109.jpg
    image-1192045109.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 110
Fish are in!! Tang is already eating and swimming in open water. Has also colored back up. Puffer is pretty skiddish but ate as well. Hes hiding behind the rockwork

Attachments

• image-2545040819.jpg
    image-2545040819.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-609130443.jpg
    image-609130443.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 92
redsea said:
Congrats on your new friends! I love fish days!

Thank you!! Its amazing how quickly the look of a tank can turn around with the addition of a few fish. We have discussed the next fish to go in and we both agree that we have enough cooler temp colors (blues greens) and we need warmer colored fish (yellow orange red) so im seriously debating a flame angel. Think one would do ok with corals in my tank??

First pic is the valentini hiding. Second phot wa taken moments before when the 2 new inhabitants were hanging out

Attachments

• image-1131479115.jpg
    image-1131479115.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2630538266.jpg
    image-2630538266.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 92
Ashley73 said:
Some nice fish .

Thank you:) it seems that the dragon wrasse has gone missing. Usually it take a bit after the lights come on for him to come out. However the lights have been on for over an hour and no sign. I dragged the sand to find him. Nothing. Im gonna wait till later to see if he pops up (my niger trigger did the same thing) before i start moving rocks

Just got home and dragon wrasse is alive!! We also came home with a new inhabitant. Apparently the best way for my girlfriend to get me out of the bed in the morning is to say we are going to the fish store. This flame angel is currently drip acclimating and will be a great addition to the tank

Attachments

• image-3337030106.jpg
    image-3337030106.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1965435486.jpg
    image-1965435486.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 83
Ok you make me sick lol. You've just purchased the ONE fish I realllly want! Thanks huma, thanks a lot! All jokes aside though your collection is looking really good. Great idea to add some "warm" color to the tank!

Cichlidjon said:
Ok you make me sick lol. You've just purchased the ONE fish I realllly want! Thanks huma, thanks a lot! All jokes aside though your collection is looking really good. Great idea to add some "warm" color to the tank!

In all honesty this fish was on our list of possibles but going put today and buying him was a complete surprisw. But thank you for the compliments. Would you like me to snap a few close up hd pics so you can admire?? Lol. I know that the tank is gonna color up when we start putting corals in but i didnt like the overall color temp of the fish in the tank, which led to the yellow tang and flame angel. Another warmer colored fish or two and itll be at where i want

In all honesty this fish was on our list of possibles but going put today and buying him was a complete surprisw. But thank you for the compliments. Would you like me to snap a few close up hd pics so you can admire?? Lol. I know that the tank is gonna color up when we start putting corals in but i didnt like the overall color temp of the fish in the tank, which led to the yellow tang and flame angel. Another warmer colored fish or two and itll be at where i want

Yes do a few HD pics.

Back
Top Bottom