125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The damsels can go far as im concerned. Sure they add character but i feel as though the space could be better used otherwise. The trigger however, is a must have. We have never seen him so much as chase another fish and we have always had one. So even if hes the culpit we would have to figure out a solution that didnt invlove rehoming him

More than likely. Not gonna be an easy task(explaining this to the misses)
Also got some good news!! Going to be placing a big order saturday for the majority of our equipment!! And my loving girlfriend has agreed to let me try the blue-face angel one more time!! So heres the list of items to be ordered in 2 days.
3- tao led fixtures (dimmable)
1 box of IO reef crystals (found someone selling an unopened box)
Reef master test kit
Bubble magus curve 7 skimmer
Jebao wp40
Blue face angel.
Think thats it for now. Once everything comes in, then the fun really begins!! Get to pull out the old skimmer and lights, build wall mounts for the lights and hide the wires. Also gotta build a mini stand for the skimmer (to get it out of the water)
Oh and going to order 2 new bulbs and new legs for the current light fixture so we can sell it. Also going to tear out all the. Bulkheads and plumbing and redo it. Need to actually hang the refugium light so that it wont fall into the water. Holy crap i got alot to do in the next week. Also heading to cedar point for the weekend of the 20th... Which means this all needs done becore then.

Ive wanted for quite some time but i fell out of the hobby for awhile. Now that im back in it 100% im going for it

Only thing thats hanging me up is the led layout and colors. I REALLY want a purplish hue to the tank but have no clue how to obtain that

Oh and i also need to look into running a dedicated line of power to just the tank. Once my jeabo, controller, leds and skimmer get here, im going to have a TON of plugs and a good bit of power running to this.

I was just brainstorming a lil bit. (sorry this build thread is my thinking pad) i want to simplify pwc's as much as possible. So in redoing the plumbing for the tank, im going to make 2 adjustments. Im going to run a y-pipe off my return pump output, right where it meets the top edge of the 55g refugium. Im going to run the backside pipe into the tank plumbing (obviously to return water to tank) then the front pipe will come out to the door, with a coupler on the end for a plastic hose. There will be t-valves on each pipe after the y. This will allow me to change the flow of water so that the pump will empty water out of the refugium into my buckets. Also im going to run the same setup on the input side, that way when i close the main valve and open the secondary (which will have a hose attached) the pump will suck fresh sw out of my buckets and into the tank..

quick draw-up I did to show what im aiming for
1014216_10201857982997428_21600794_n.jpg

the red dots are t-valves. in order to empty water, id close valve 2 and open valve 1. once done id return both valves to normal (open 2, close 1) in order to add new water, id close 4, open 3...this would essentially cause the pump to pull water from the new bucket, and pump it up into the tank. add when done, id return them to normal (open 4, close 3). also I know a lot of people were going to say "you shouldn't throttle your pumps at all" or " you cant attach elbows on the intake side of a pump" which is why, if you notice in the picture, the t-splits that are going in, will allow straight flow for the main plumbing (the lines running back to the tank. and the line running into the pump. also on the intake side of the return pump, itll be a y-pipe, not a t. as to eliminate any throttling. this way all I have to do is lug the water up from my basement, flip a few valves, and tada!! water change is done.

***edit*** I may even run a hardline out my window for the drain line, the tank sits right next to the window so we shall see.

alright... so being as to how its only 2 days away, I got most of my orders setup. heres how its going to finalize.
amazon- 200g box of IO salt (not switching to RC yet)
API SW and reef master test kits

marinedepot- Bubble magus curve 7 skimmer

liveaquaria- blue-face angel (for me!!)
blue-spot jawfish and green mandarin(for her!!)
bottle of reefpods tisbe

fish-street- Jebao Wp40 ($87 shipped)

then theres the plumbing and screen lids im going to make. all that is coming from HD and lowes. I understand the risk im taking with the blue dot jawfish, however its one of the few fish she fell in love with, so I promised I would do my best to get one. same goes with the mandarin, I am at the point where im confident enough that I can keep a mandarin successfully. I will be adding a bottle of pods to the refugium as an added measure, and also will be adding one periodically for the first couple months after the mandarin is here.

only issue im having is with the LED lights. I REALLY want to have a purplish hue to the tank, but I don't want to lose a lot of growing power in doing so. should I have them put in purple leds (afraid the purple will wash out with the white and blues) or red leds (red + blue= purple)??? don't know which way to go.

Once we get these 3 fish in we will be fully stocked and done with livestock (dont know if im excited or bummed), but good news is we will be focusing on corals after everything is situated

jwh0818 said:
Thats a nice lookin plan! It'll sure helo with waterchanges

Oh def. wish i had a way to pump fresh rodi water up to the main floor but i cant do any cutting or modifying. Itll still help though.ive got 12-5g buckets so i should be ok

Oh def. wish i had a way to pump fresh rodi water up to the main floor but i cant do any cutting or modifying. Itll still help though.ive got 12-5g buckets so i should be ok

Man thats alot of buckets. You could call it your weekly workout!

doing good. just holding steady for now until tm when I spend my lifes earnings ordering stuff lol. thank you for asking. ill have roughly 5 days to get all this done before leaving for an extended weekend. (minus the plumbing) so its going to be a packed 5 days. things moving along for you as well??

doing good. just holding steady for now until tm when I spend my lifes earnings ordering stuff lol. thank you for asking. ill have roughly 5 days to get all this done before leaving for an extended weekend. (minus the plumbing) so its going to be a packed 5 days. things moving along for you as well??

Wish my wife was like yours. She doesn't share the dream if you know what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom