125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
look at the difference in size!!! would love to run the vertex but I just don't have the room to get it up out of the water.

1375324_10201942345066427_483145396_n.jpg

its been running since about 11pm last night.. the skimmate has since turned a dark dark green. this thing is amazing.

1236181_10201942329146029_501088833_n.jpg

Greenstreet.1 said:
That's a big difference in size.

Just a bit. I think im going to keep the vertex for now. Im confident enough that the curve will handle the bioload for the time being but idk if itll handle it once all the fish are full grown and mature. So the vertex will stick around till then

Just a bit. I think im going to keep the vertex for now. Im confident enough that the curve will handle the bioload for the time being but idk if itll handle it once all the fish are full grown and mature. So the vertex will stick around till then

Good idea I don't let go of my old equipment

Ugh... Got good and bad news. Good news is i cut a thin piece of styrofoam and put it underneath the return pump , wow it makes a huge difference!! No constant humming sound now. Now for the bad news, my plumbing for the refugium has sprung 2 leaks... So now i have to buy all new bulkheads, and plumbing... Smh

Ugh... Got good and bad news. Good news is i cut a thin piece of styrofoam and put it underneath the return pump , wow it makes a huge difference!! No constant humming sound now. Now for the bad news, my plumbing for the refugium has sprung 2 leaks... So now i have to buy all new bulkheads, and plumbing... Smh[/QUOTE

Did you run a leak test for a few hours before setup? Also some times the bulk heads just need a good tithing

Its been a ****** setup from day one. I had to run adapters and couplers to make everything fit together. Just got home from the hardware store and i have some new pieces to fix the leak, and it also should simplify the setup. Even more bad news, the blue dot didnt make it:( idk what happened but hes dead and his tail is torn up. Going to take photos and freeze him. Going to email live aquaria and see if anything can be done

Thank you, not really expecting them to but we shall see. New right side return plumbing is in. I decided to run 2-45 angles instead the 90 elbow. So far its holing up ok

Yeah when i bought the setup, it was plumbed with 2 flex lines, although flex lines offer more "flexibility" they are prone to leaks and coming loose. Thats why i ventured into hardlining when i initially redid the plumbing, although i have to admit im an amateur at plumbing. And yeah i believe it was you that uploaded a pic of your plumbing a few pages back. Hopefully, at some point, ill have check valves and ball valves in all the necessary spots

Time to catch the damsels!! They unfortunately have to go. Hoping to put 2 or 3 chromis in their place

Time to catch the damsels!! They unfortunately have to go. Hoping to put 2 or 3 chromis in their place
Throw a lion in there. He'll table care of them. Then return the lion. Lol. Good luck! I remember having to catch my damsels after cycling the tank. Talk about a nightmare.

Haha i widh i could toss a lion in there. However a few of the other fish are just as small and slower, so that may not end well. I spent prob 30-45 minutes attempting to catch them when i just decided to pull all the rock out. They werent so difficult to catch then lol. After rescaping and getting the tank back up and running, i noticed a package on the porch. The wp40 made it here intact. Currently have it in the tank running. It does create a decent wave in the tank once diale in. Its a bit bigger than id like but i cant ask for this kind of flowrate in a smaller frame. To me its dead silent but my fiance says she can hear it running. Going to let it run while im at work and ill fiddle with it when im home. Pics later tn

so heres the end result of upgrade 2.0. unfortunately due to vacation expenses, I wasn't able to buy the leds or controller this time around, but soon enough. id say I got quite a few things for the tank lol.
1240282_10201957532006091_2133169418_n.jpg

and heres the wp40..its hard to judge the size (ill try for a better photo tonight) but it really is softball sized. its not quite as large as the koralia 5's but its bigger than the evo 750's I have.

1238966_10201957534446152_1805554002_n.jpg

I was gonna do 25's but the 40 was only 5-10 more. This thing moves some serious wter!! Im going to finalize the controller install once i get home

See now i have to decide between keeping the 2 evo 750's or selling them and buying another wp40

Back
Top Bottom