125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well its my old 125 that i attempted to reseal and it failed again, so while having a dicussion with a friend, the idea of a frag tank came up but one of the downsides to using it as a frag tank was the height of the tank. thats when my friend shared the following genius idea. mask off an appropriate line on the tank (at whatever height i want). ill remove the silicone seals down to the cut line, then proceed to use his diamond-tipped blade on his dremel to cut the tank. i think that im either going to cut both bulkheads out and seal them or do a custom acrylic drain setup, idk about that aspect yet. its really an idea that i should of come up with a LONG time ago. i have spare powerheads, and i can easily buy a mag drive pump to get flow. im getting ready to leave work now so onc e i get home and cleaned up, im going to attempt to draw up some sort of setup designs. would really like to do a motorize rail lighting setup but idk. well anyways im off to start a new thread!!

lol i havent gotten it yet. really trying to stop myself from it but even liveaquaria sells them for 32.. and thats not even considering the shipping. so $20 for one at an actual store is amazing

lol I hope when I go looking this week I can find a similar deal. :) Black friday sales dont usually go over well at my lfs's. lol

IT would be extremely dangerous if i had the funds to go black friday fish shopping...very...

update: the 125 seems to be responding well to the switch to weekly water changes. going to do a full test tonight of all the params and see where we are at. struck a deal with the misses that since im willing to not spend insane money on Radions or Ai Hydras, ill get the Taos and in return i can get the apex controller in january!! the mandarin has taken to pellets (finally) so heres to hoping. the purple tang has officially developed a pot belly (to match the Lt. tangs) and the royal gramma seems to be as grumpy as ever. the only thing im not understanding is the Niger trigger is still being extremely shy and hiding. hes eating and its been prob 2-3 weeks since the initial onset of symptoms, however hes got a belly and is still chasing and eating food....who knows. hopefully i can get a photo shoot in tonight when i get home from work

Glad to hear the mandarin is doing well, as well as the other fish. Some fish do take longer to get used to the new tank so I wouldnt worry just yet. My blue hippo tang even after several years in my tank still runs away about 50% of the time when i go near the tank. lol
And my red coris wrasse is even worse, I can go to the tank maybe 5% of the time and cathc him otherwise he darts away as I approach. lol

update: the 125 seems to be responding well to the switch to weekly water changes. going to do a full test tonight of all the params and see where we are at. struck a deal with the misses that since im willing to not spend insane money on Radions or Ai Hydras, ill get the Taos and in return i can get the apex controller in january!! the mandarin has taken to pellets (finally) so heres to hoping. the purple tang has officially developed a pot belly (to match the Lt. tangs) and the royal gramma seems to be as grumpy as ever. the only thing im not understanding is the Niger trigger is still being extremely shy and hiding. hes eating and its been prob 2-3 weeks since the initial onset of symptoms, however hes got a belly and is still chasing and eating food....who knows. hopefully i can get a photo shoot in tonight when i get home from work

Yeah we need photos. Been a bit disappointed lately, your slipping.

to be honest, ive been battling an algae/cyano outbreak for the past 2 weeks or so. thought it was a result of my overfeeding due to the mandarin, however i discovered it last night. my koralia evo ph apparently seized up at some point and i didnt know it. ive been running on one ph for who knows how long. let me get the tank cleaned up a bit and hopefully i can get some photos up.

not the greatest photos, but never the less. here they are. also for some reason the flash really sharpens up the fish and its details, however it makes the tank look excessively brown for some reason...idk...enjoy!
1463970_10202520720005439_988070487_n.jpg

1391917_10202520720045440_1634029306_n.jpg

1467458_10202520720325447_1738559741_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom