Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

125 gal. SW?

I have a 125 fish only tank. No reef lighting or LR just Living color decorations with CC and 4 fish. Allglass tank with a custom birch stand and cannopy. W/d filter with a mag. 9.5 and a coralife UV. What would some thing like that be worth. Im thinking of selling it Thanks!

Old 11-01-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
well the CC is pretty worthless so r the fish unless they are something rare or expensive from the start. Filter cut that into abotu a quater of what you paid and same with the tank I guess...

Seen some set ups like that go for 150 bucks...
Kinds like buying a new car, it loses value from the minute you drive it off the lot !

Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey Kmyers if you are going to sell it for 150 let me know. Also what type of fish do you have?
The Coral: zoos, kenya trees, shrooms, leathers, hammer, and star polyps
The Inverts: LT anemone, pistol shrimp, urchins, etc.
The Janitors: nassarius snails, turbos, hermits, several brittle and serpent stars
The Rock: 68# of Keys-12# Base Rock; from LR.com
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That mag 9 cost around 150 alone. If I were to guess, I would say at least 300bucks, and that would be the low side.

Does it have a built in overflow?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah it is drilled on each side in the corners. With the lil'' black things that block off the tank. Wolf i have a blonde naso a porcupine puffer a lunar wrasse a queen trigger and i had a saddle back grouper but i gave him to a friend he was getting to BIG!!! I was going to turn it in to a FOWLR but it is pissing me off allways has high nitrates. No matter how many water changes i do. And i have a 20 high reef i just set up so.... that is taking all my patience
Old 11-01-2004, 11:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

DSB is real good 4 that, my nitrates are never over 5, never.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

My nitrates have been 60 to 80 for a month! 8O The fish act the same they eat like lil'' pigs They have went down since i got rid of the BIG grouper. I think i over feed also but.... How do you know how much to feed anyway? I just feed what i think is good. I was told there stomach is the size of there eye. But they go crazy if i dont give them much I think im getting discouraged with it. The things been fine for almost a year till about a month ago maybe a lil'' longer. And Revhtree it is 72'' long
Old 11-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You know, peppermint shrimp really help out if you overfeed. At least mine do, though I try NOT to overfeed. I feed as much as the fish will eat and if there is anything left over they attack it. Sometimes I even throw in some food just for them, and like I say, nothing gets left over. Of course with flake food, you really have to be careful because it can really pollute the water if the fish don't eat it and I am not sure that the shrimp will eat flake. Anyone know?

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:33 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya my peps and cleaners eat up the flake good!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Mine eat it too if they can catch it.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
125 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com