125 gal. SW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMyers18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 125 fish only tank. No reef lighting or LR just Living color decorations with CC and 4 fish. Allglass tank with a custom birch stand and cannopy. W/d filter with a mag. 9.5 and a coralife UV. What would some thing like that be worth. Im thinking of selling it Thanks!

well the CC is pretty worthless so r the fish unless they are something rare or expensive from the start. Filter cut that into abotu a quater of what you paid and same with the tank I guess...

Seen some set ups like that go for 150 bucks...
Kinds like buying a new car, it loses value from the minute you drive it off the lot !

That mag 9 cost around 150 alone. If I were to guess, I would say at least 300bucks, and that would be the low side. :wink:

Does it have a built in overflow?

Yeah it is drilled on each side in the corners. With the lil'' black things that block off the tank. Wolf i have a blonde naso a porcupine puffer a lunar wrasse a queen trigger and i had a saddle back grouper but i gave him to a friend he was getting to BIG!!! I was going to turn it in to a FOWLR but it is pissing me off allways has high nitrates. No matter how many water changes i do. And i have a 20 high reef i just set up so.... that is taking all my patience

My nitrates have been 60 to 80 for a month! 8O The fish act the same they eat like lil'' pigs :lol: They have went down since i got rid of the BIG grouper. I think i over feed also but.... How do you know how much to feed anyway? I just feed what i think is good. I was told there stomach is the size of there eye. But they go crazy if i dont give them much :roll: I think im getting discouraged with it. The things been fine for almost a year till about a month ago maybe a lil'' longer. And Revhtree it is 72'' long :?:

You know, peppermint shrimp really help out if you overfeed. At least mine do, though I try NOT to overfeed. I feed as much as the fish will eat and if there is anything left over they attack it. Sometimes I even throw in some food just for them, and like I say, nothing gets left over. Of course with flake food, you really have to be careful because it can really pollute the water if the fish don't eat it and I am not sure that the shrimp will eat flake. Anyone know?

I dont think a pepermint shrimp would last very long in there with my over weight puffer or the trigger :lol: I feed them silversides, krill and the green life line cubes all frozen ( well i dont feed it to them frozen ) :roll: But if i was to feed them as much as they would eat with no leftovers. There is no telling what my nitrates would be :? :drain: I think that is where my money is going :lol:

Im not sure what im going to do with any of it just yet. I was posting that just to get an idea of what a tank like mine would sell for. My queen is about 4.5-5 inches long very pretty colors thoe.

Whats that, the tank or the trigger? The trigger was 59 but i have heard that my LFS is o lot cheaper than most! Im not sure thoe cuz i only shop at one place! And if you meant the tank im not sure cuz it was a wedding present!

The CC and w/d IMO are the problem. Loose the CC a little at a time and replace it with 2-3" of sand. How often do you vacuum the CC. With fish like that It should be done 2 time a month. Do you have bioballs in the W/D? If yes they trap food and waste and when it breaks down you have NO3. In two months you could have that tank back in shape.
Step 1 take out 1/3 of the cc and replace with sand... after 2 weeks take out another 3rd and so on. After that clean part of the bioballs. Adding cured LR will help also.
The CC needs to go......

First off how in the heck do i get the bioballs out. Second do i replace the balls with rock? And third im going to loose the CC. I hate even how it looks. But i loved it at first :? Hey thanks for the good info. Another question if i replaced my deco. with LR and lost the CC would i need bioballs anymore? And would the coraline die with no reef lighting? And i have used copper in there one time too. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom