125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know someone who needs to get rid of a queen Angelfish cuz its in a tank too small. My guess is it will need a 180 gallon plus tank and I shouldn't try it in mine.

I'm making a small addition to my rtank tomorrow. Getting a fire shrimp and a cleaner shrimp for 50. Found a new lfs that has some good prices

New additions today. A few hermits a fire shrimp and a cleaner.

ForumRunner_20111129_181021.jpg

ForumRunner_20111129_181034.jpg

ForumRunner_20111129_181046.jpg

They are released and doing good the both shrimp cleaned my hand before the went to the rock in the tank.

ForumRunner_20111129_191204.jpg

ForumRunner_20111129_191204.jpg

ForumRunner_20111129_191248.jpg

Thank ya. The fire is huge, cleaner is like 1/3 his size. Looks good having them in. Still trying to decide what to get next.

mdavidson said:
Thank ya. The fire is huge, cleaner is like 1/3 his size. Looks good having them in. Still trying to decide what to get next.

Yeah, I have never seen a small Fire, I don't know why.

Me either. I'm just glad I found this one for 30. Was happy when he started clean in my hand when i released him. A new lfs looks promising. Has good prices. Thinking of getting a hammer coral w 3 heads tomorrow for 20. The guy knows his stuff for the most part and is passionate, and has good pricing. He is trying to talk me into getting an Atlantic blue angel off him and the price is good, but I think my tank is too small. Online says 100 anywhere from 100 to 180 min, and its not worth pushing it. Although the fish is beautiful

mdavidson said:
Me either. I'm just glad I found this one for 30. Was happy when he started clean in my hand when i released him. A new lfs looks promising. Has good prices. Thinking of getting a hammer coral w 3 heads tomorrow for 20. The guy knows his stuff for the most part and is passionate, and has good pricing. He is trying to talk me into getting an Atlantic blue angel off him and the price is good, but I think my tank is too small. Online says 100 anywhere from 100 to 180 min, and its not worth pushing it. Although the fish is beautiful

I got my for $30 too! I think you should get the Hammer, I love them, they are one of my all time favorite corals!

Im almost positive im gonna. Its a smaller drag but should b ok growinin my biocube till its time to add corals to the 125

redsea said:
I got my for $30 too! I think you should get the Hammer, I love them, they are one of my all time favorite corals!

What ya think on that angel. I have read so much and so much conflicting opinions on tank size. Its such a beautiful fish but I don't wanna risk the stress

I got 2 new additions today. A lawnmower Lenny and a bicolor angel. I will post pics after they r acclimated

Both fish have been doing amazing. I don't se the lawnmower as much as I would like but he has ate a ton of algae and his coloration has come out. Will try to get pics soon. Question on fish for my biocube. Would a bicolor Blenny go good with a watchman goby and scooter blenny or do u thing there would b issues.

I think the bi color is a swimmer type fish so if so, he should be ok. The scooter shouldnt bother it and the watchman may do the open mouth thing of aggression but it's just their way it seems. lol at least from my experience.

I will be picking up a 125 gallon established salt water tank the end of next week. I am planning to do fowlr in it after it is transported home and all tests are in check. So far the only thing planned for it is a yellow tang cuz my fiance loves em. I am trying to figure out what else to stock it with, and deff up for suggestions. I will be posting pics along the way.

Don't rush yourself. Do your homework, don't trust any one person or trust but verify and make sure you know all the pros and cons ahead of time.

carey said:
I think the bi color is a swimmer type fish so if so, he should be ok. The scooter shouldnt bother it and the watchman may do the open mouth thing of aggression but it's just their way it seems. lol at least from my experience.

I think I am going to try it. I know they eat algae so hopefully it can help me control the green hair. If the watchman doesn't get along with him I'll just move the watchman to the 125.

My Clark is and chromis an part of the bicolor. Also the sevrums waiting to b fed

ForumRunner_20111215_211934.jpg

ForumRunner_20111215_211952.jpg

ForumRunner_20111215_212020.jpg

redsea said:
Very nice! Everything looks great!

Ty everythinis lookinmuch better with the lawnmower in the tank. Just battling a little cyano now. Think the wife may have been feeding a little too much when she helps me.

So in watching the tank tonight things could get very interesting soon. The clarkii clowns are twitching quite a bit, cleaning off some sand and chasing other fish away.

Back
Top Bottom