125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one on each side wall in my 125g, seems to work ok. I have been thinking of adding 2 on the back wall though myself. :)

I just got 3 new ones that put out 700 gph I have on e in the back left corner. Putting one behind my live rock for sure to prevent build up and not sure on the 3rd. I have several more but those are going in my other 125. Still have a 54 I'm not sure what I ma do with as well. On your side walls are they opposite corners

Nah, they are both centered pretty much but pointed in opposite directions right now. trying something different...

Ah nice. What are they rated. I think I ma do opposite corners and also one centered behind the live rock so nothing settles there

So i got a question about my biocube. I have been battleing green hair algae and it has been winning. I been doing more frequent water changes and pulling the algae out every couple of days. What else can I do to rid the tank of it. It hit outta no where.

I have two 1400 gph koralias in the 125g and am thinking of adding 2 750's.

As far as hair algae, try to actually get in there and pull out as much as you can. the frequent water changes can help too. How often are you doing water changes and how much? whats your feeding schedule like and how long do you keep your lights going? Do you have any clean up crew in there that eats the stuff?

drfostersandsmith.com are running good deals on power heads now that is where I got mine. I got 2 in opposite corners and still have to put the 3rd in. Water changes have been every 3 to 4 days. And that is 2 to 3 gallons using ro di I water only. I feed morning and night. Norm just a lil bit of flakes and a few pellets for my watchman and scooter. Lighting is about 10 hours a day. I just got new bulbs in, just need to change them. I have red and blue leg hermits in there. I had quite a few snails but need to get more. Some of the turbos fell on their backs and I didn't catch em in time to flip em over.

Well youre doing proper water changes, no doubt about that. You might wanna cut the feeding back a bit, I know it's hard especially with a scooter. lol If you don't have any corals you could do a a black out period and cut the lighting way back or off even for a few days. That can help you get a handle on the algae.

I have just 3. A mushroom, a zoa and a Monti frag. I can switch them to my other BC and do a black out. Just have to wait for that bukb to get to me. It blew 2 days ago

Should be bout done cycling. Will do water tests tomorrow and we will see where I am at. So ready to start adding cuc to get rid of the alhae waving at me lol.

ForumRunner_20111114_170525.jpg

If all paramaters check out tomorrow I ma head and get a pair of clowns and some cuc on fri

Getting ready to test the water in the tank now nif all is good headih to get some clownfishnand the clean up crew. I hate to say it but will prob get the clowns from PETCO cuz they are like 8 each right now. Will display results of tests shortly

Back
Top Bottom