125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its a lot of work but the bucket idea works well. and you can jab the hose all the way down in the bucket and churn with your hand. thats kinda fluidised.

its never bothered me to wash sand.

I'll start washing the sand later today. And will upload pics then of sand and hopefully the start of the rock scape.

I'm looking forward to it and also starting to cycle the tank.

Thank ya. I'll do my best to post pics and keep everything updated along the way. My goal is to have everything up and start the cycle tomorrow. Sunday at the latest.

Thank ya. I'll do my best to post pics and keep everything updated along the way. My goal is to have everything up and start the cycle tomorrow. Sunday at the latest.
Good luck and enjoy it....
Looks like your doing great

Deff gonna enjoy it. I love my biocube 29 and 14. Just only so much I can do with it. Wife wants to do a movie night so I won't be able to start cleaning the sand till the morn. Still haven't decided what to do with the refugium just due to the overall size of it. The fuge is the whole base and bigger than the tank. The plan is to still have the tank starting to cycle this weekend. We gotta make a trip to get 2 more clowns on Sunday due to ours deciding to jump into the pump area of our biocube while we was on our honeymoon. Unfortunately they didn't make it :(

gew, im fortunate that none of my fish have jumped. well one of my cichlids did. thank fully i was in the room when it hit the floor.

sorry to hear about your clowns.

Out of my 5 tanks St up right now ranging from tropical to cichlid to salt water the clowns ae the only ones.

I have started washing the sand and putting in the tank. I have roughly a 3 inch sand bed right now. Still have roughly 50 pounds to prince and put in. After that I will move on to adding live rock and water. Raise the salinity up and hopefully start cycling this evening. Still undecided on what I'm going to do with the fuge. The base is just so huge. I may just set up a spare tank behind as one we will see. Any sugesstions on that? The base has 6 sections in the bottom with filler floss on trays. The guy I ot the tank from was just running a canister filter.

Sand and rock is in the tank. Filling it up now then adding salt power head etc. Will upload PC's when sand settles.

Tank is starting to clear up now. Can kind of see the live rock. Will post more when the sand settles. Slowly adding salt in to make sure its disolves good. Stocking may change, wife decided she wants a reef tank so we will see how we go when the tank cycles.

ForumRunner_20111022_173722.jpg

Thank you. I'm hoping it does look good. I can't wait to see what it looks like

Starting to clear up. Salinity is just about where it needs to be.

ForumRunner_20111023_092627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom