Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
Looking good. I am watching this one. If it were me, I would listen to Mom. After all, Mom is always right. Besides, reef tanks are so pretty if done right. Good luck and keep the pics coming.
Thanks! She actually decided that we would keep this one a FOWLR for at least a few years, but we have the lighting and equipment to turn it into a reef at any time
I am going to get her a biocube to be a nano reef though, haha

Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just remember, depending on the fish you man not be able to go reef later unless you rehome the fish. Many are not reef safe.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah if and when we make it a reef it'll be several years and only have reef-safe fish. :>

Here's a quick sketch of the aquascape I'd eventually like to have:

I'm going to order some shelf and tonga branch dry rock from BRS

And the seargent majors will probably be added first at around an inch in size. I'll be getting a trio to hopefully keep their aggression to a minimum. I was planning on adding the trigger last. I may rearrange the order though if you think I should
Old 10-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Readings from today:
Ammonia : .5 ppm
NitrIte : .5 ppm
Nitrate 10 ppm

And I haven't added anything, that's just from the LR. I need to go pick up some ammonia from the hardware store.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb View Post
Sergeant majors are pretty aggressive! My teacher has a huge one that killed a stingray. I have a small one though and he's pretty cool. Make sure to add him last.
Sgt Majors should be put in first being they are the smallest and pose the least threat if he's putting in a harlequin tusk, trigger and 2 tangs.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErrolP

Sgt Majors should be put in first being they are the smallest and pose the least threat if he's putting in a harlequin tusk, trigger and 2 tangs.
Actually you're right lol. Didn't think of the stocking, only the fact that they were going to put in Sargent majors haha
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was either going to put the sgt majors or the goatfish in first. The goatfish is more in the peaceful spectrum, but it gets much larger so I'm unsure on that. The sgt majors will probably go in first, then goatfish, then tangs, then tusk, then trigger.
Hopefully that's the best order to do it.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

What type of tangs are you getting and what type of triggers? The reason I'm asking is because my yellow tang killed my bluejaw trigger. It was constantly beat up by the yellow tang so sad. My trigger was bolder however, and wasn't ever bullied.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm not sure what tangs yet, but I'm going to get a picasso trigger.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

We've decided to definitely get a Kole tang, and are considering powder blue, whitecheek, sailfin, and yellow tangs. We'll get 2-3 tangs total, likely two.
I got some ammonia today so the cycle's been given a kick start. Hopefully things progress quickly.

Tags
1.5g, build, build thread, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com