Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

135g almost ready for stocking

Hi all,
Well my 135g is still cycling. Itís been almost 3 weeks now , so hopefully by month end I can start adding fish. The wife of course wants a Nemo and a Dory so we will be getting those for sure. I donít have high lighting nor can afford it right now, so I am looking for some ideas on more live stock. I have about 130# of live rock.
Here is what else I would like to aquire to start
CUC- not sure exactly what (any ideas?)
Bi-color angel
Yellow Tang ( is this OK with the blue hippo?)
Strawberry dottyback
Some kind of butterfly
Would this combo work OK?
Thanks for any input

Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Is your tank 6 feet? Dory needs a 6 foot tank fyi. And yeah, a yellow tang would work as well. I don't have any but Ihave heard butterflys are hard to care for.

here's a site that lists the requirements of each fish youre looking at, tank wise and dietaery as well

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums

Good luck!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Carey, yes my tank is 72*18*24. OK, I think I will pass on the butteryfly since I am a newb to this.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The tangs should be fine in there then. I have a yellow tang and a blue tang in QT right now so I hope they get along. It's usually best to add tangs at the same time but it wasn't prudent in my situation.

You have so many choices.....lol

Are you going reef at some point cause that will determine what fish to pick out as well, as some nip and eat corals.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

You could possibly get some hardy butterflies like auriga and racoon. They are generally easy to care for. If your not going reef, one of my favorites is the harlequin tusk, you could probably get one of those. They look mean but are usually peacful. They are sometimes called gentle giants. Also, you may be interested in other wrasses. If you get more than one, make sure they look VERY different or one will end up dead. I personally love bird wrasse and own one myself, very interesting fish. Hope this helps. Yay, 100th post!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #6

I probably won't do reef in this tank. Yes there are lots of choices According to LA there are some easy to care for Butterflies. Thanks for your input and I will give it a go. Just not sure as to which one yet.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:23 AM   #7

Thanks to this form and all the the great people here, I have learned alot. I now have 2 percula clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 yellow tailed damsel, 1 flame angel and 1 threadfin butterfly. Still waiting for a Dori and a bi color dotyback. Oh and the clean up crew will arrive when I get back into town.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #8

Finsihed stocking this tank...... 1 dori, 2 nemos, 1 bubbles, 1 threadfin butteryfly, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 flame angel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 cleaner wrasse and 1 dogface puffer. Finsihed the cycle process in a 55g for the bedroom and just aquried 5 blue green chormis and a royal gramma. About to win an aucton on eBay for 254w lighiting so I can do corals. YAY
Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demf
Finsihed stocking this tank...... 1 dori, 2 nemos, 1 bubbles, 1 threadfin butteryfly, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 flame angel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 cleaner wrasse and 1 dogface puffer. Finsihed the cycle process in a 55g for the bedroom and just aquried 5 blue green chormis and a royal gramma. About to win an aucton on eBay for 254w lighiting so I can do corals. YAY
Idk if u can that's still pretty small wattage for a reef
Old 10-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

254w is low for a 135g, yes

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.5g, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com